I was there at the beginning and sounds like it never really changed

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hostway full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was able to learn a little in many different areas of the business such as sales, marketing, support, procurement, data center build outs and system administration.

Cons

Lucas rules the place with an iron fist and never learned to delegate and when he does delegate he will often second guess the person who he delegated the task. Salary and benefits are slightly below average. You are expected to be at the company long hours though you will find that many who are there long hours aren't necessarily working

Please take into consideration what affect your decisions are going to have on employee morale when attempting to save a few dollars.

Other Reviews for Hostway

Really Think About It

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Hostway full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I work with are all hosting vetarans with great ideas, vision and industry know how.

I have made great friends with people in our Data Center locations that have shown an interest and ability to improve our company.

The workers are not the problem here. Leadership is.

Cons

Lack of Leadership from the very top down to the VP level.

Lack of Vision

Lack of Products

Not willing to innovate

Not willing to improve internal systems

Not willing to spend money to hire support techs

Not willing to spend funds in order to improve

No career paths

No reviews

No raises

Outrageous Sales Quotas - increse in quota every month - no track record for attainig quota previously yet increase quota regardless. Garanteed paid reduction every month. Management continuously trying to decrease cost of sales at the expense of the sale rep/team

Low morale

No real company culture - No fun to speak of - Lame attempts to spark culture and morale

Bottom line is nothing will change without a change in leadership. At the very top is a CEO that is so introverted and micro managing that the entire company comes to a halt when something is needed. He personally has to approve everything. Also CEO listed above is no longer CEO and is not the CEO being referred to.

You have great people in the right places in the organization. Listen to them. Spend some money and implement some of their ideas. Accept the fact that you can't do everything yourself. Accept the fact that your employees are the keys to success. Crawl out of your cave and interact with your emplloyess. You might learn something and turn this sinking company around while there is still time.

Smart people terrible Management

Former Employee - Product Management  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Product Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hostway

Pros

Lots of smart managers and tech teams.

Cons

Bad downstream communication. Salary is low for the industry and location in Chicago. Many years in the same position with not promotion.

Pay attention to what the front line teams are telling you.

There are newer employer reviews for Hostway.

Worked for Hostway? Contribute to the Community!