All in All - A great opportunity

Current Employee - Administrative
Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Hostway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hostway is changing. They hired bunch of people all over North America. The company is focused more on cloud and managed servers now and that seems like the smart thing to do. New employees and some of us that have been with the company longer feel like we are a part of changing the entire company. New management wants to hear from employees and creates opportunities for us to contribute. Come to work and feel like I am a part of building something

Cons

New employees try to change things too quickly and want a perfect company that doesn't exist and older employees resist inevitable changes.
Sometimes a lack of vision and culture makes it harder for everyone to work together towards a goal.
More communication between the offices needed.
Strong leaders but not enough of them.

Advice to Management

Keep making changes and either hire more leaders to come into the company or hire from within. Some of the smartest, most passionate people I know are from Hostway.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A good company to start your career at. Unfortunately, there's not much room for development.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Hostway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young, friendly staff. Good working environment. Satisfactory payment compensation.

Cons

Limited opportunities for career advances. Unclear procedures concerning day to day operations.

Advice to Management

Keep employees better informed about important company news.

Hostway is an train wreck in motion

I have been working at Hostway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Somehow, despite truly incompetent and unaccountable management, there still seem to be a lot of good people who have worked there.

Cons

Phenomenally incompetent management demonstrates unbridled hubris, blatent nepotism and a general lack of any sort of rational planning or strategy. The corporate culture is exceptionally self-centric, rather than customer-focused. Huge resource pools of talent are consistently minimized and eliminated, with no consideration of the larger ramifications.

Advice to Management

Take a good hard look at yourselves and be realistic about your strengths and weaknesses.