Hostway

www.hostway.com

Used to be fun, but with long hours and average pay. Change in management and a reorg made the environment dry.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHeavy LAMP (linux, apache, mysql, python). Smart coworkers you can learn from. Interesting projects against cutting edge technologies and methodologies.

ConsYou were expected to put in pretty long hours because the timelines were so tight. There were a few performance bonuses, but for the most part compensation was average at best. Change in leadership left us unsure of the direction of the company and cause many people to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a technology company, software developers should be valued. Hold on to those that keep the train on the rails. Raise compensation levels.

Lucas Roh is the worst CEO in US History. You cannot trust Lucas. Lucas is a liar.

Cubicle Worker (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hostway

Pros: The free lunch on Wednesday. Cons: The company is a scary place. Senior leadership does not know how to run a hosting company. Hostway has downsized three time in the… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to run a business. You are going down fast and you will continue to unless… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Hostway needs to take a good look around and see what they have lost and try to fix it.

Support (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Hostway

Pros: In the begining Hostway gave me the opportunity to learn and grow -… Cons: Management became unresponsive to employee needs - would not compensate people for how they performed but who they knew -… Advice to Senior Management: Really take a look at who is working for you and recognize your talent - Treat people fairly and with respect - Lucas needs to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hostway.

Worked for Hostway? Contribute to the Community!