Hot Topic

www.hottopic.com

Awesome

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Miami, FL
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

Pros

you get the chance to interact with all kind of people, listen to good music while you work, develop really good management style

Cons

pay rate is not that good if you got promoted within, the fact that the company tried to go in some many different direction got you confuse at some point.

keep the good work and always lead by example

Other reviews for Hot Topic

Worst Job Ever

Former Employee - Hot Topic Sales Associate  in  Chesterfield, VA
    Former Employee - Hot Topic Sales Associate in Chesterfield, VA

Pros

Discount
    You get well known
    They'll reimburse you for going to a concert

Cons

Under paid, a wage I could never support myself on.
    Called in at random time, sometimes 2 hours before a shift that needs to be covered
    Never rewarded or commended for good work or great effort all the time.

The new manager is great. The old manager, now the co-assistant was a horrible leader. Be more communicative with your staff. Give hours to those who need it, not the teenagers who will just pour the money back into your store. The competitions for selling 'the most of' was a good idea. Keep up the good work.

Music, pop cluture, records, fashion, fun!

Former Employee - Part Time Assistant Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Part Time Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

Pros

great job that suited my personal ethics and style. I was a happy and willing brand ambassador.

Cons

My store location was closed down quite abruptly. My DM was not informed either which meant There was no opportunity for my relacation to another location within the company. Overall, my particular situation was handled with little to no tact or concern for maintaining a superb store staff and management team.

realize that your employees are human beings with families, mortgages, and lives. We are not some number. The company has started to forget this as Lisa Harper took control of the company. In my store's articular case, she willfully closed down a very good performing store with no plan of moving locations, which may effectively lose the company some of its clientele in the area.

There are newer employer reviews for Hot Topic.

Worked for Hot Topic? Contribute to the Community!