Hot Topic

www.hottopic.com

Amazing

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Best thing about Hot Topic, you never have to sell a credit card. And you never will, that's not their market. Coming from a place the crammed credit cards down our throats and customers, let's just say it was nothing short of amazing!

Cons

Typical retail cons. You work most weekends, rotating schedule. Constantly setting and resetting to give the store a fresh look. Dealing with weirdos. It's all just the nature of the retail beast. :)

Other reviews for Hot Topic

Easy for sales associates, sucks for management

Former Employee - Keyholder
    Former Employee - Keyholder

Pros

For sales associates: your only responsibilities are folding t-shirts and hanging out with customers. Easiest job. For management: making (very minimal) ordering decisions is cool. We got in some sweet vinyl based on our ordering. For all: HT offers some cool things such as concert ticket reimbursement (although, I never received my check after being approved for it) and scholarships.

Cons

For management: you're asked to do a lot of things that are unreasonable in a short amount of time. Expect micromanaging from your DM. There are salary caps but don't expect to see it in writing anywhere. Some SOPs are so ridiculous. Fraternization is not allowed and is strictly enforced. HT tries to make it seem like your job is valuable and you're not replaceable, until you make the right person mad. HR is of no help when it comes to bad work situations.

A truly unique & enjoyable place to work

Pros

A very fun & different wOrk environment! No dress code=freedom of expression which I found refreshing & educational! Very culture oriented & open minded which I think is important because when people are free to be who they really are it creates an effIciency & pride in the wOrk that they do!

Cons

Some departments within the organization are not as up to date on things coming up in the company because overall management is not as involved with their team. Other than that I don't think I have any other cons to lust!

There are newer employer reviews for Hot Topic.

Worked for Hot Topic? Contribute to the Community!