Hot Topic
www.hottopic.com City of Industry, CA 5000+ Employees

Huge workload, but great benefits

Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsThe insurance options are low-priced with great coverage. The company matches 50% of 401K contributions. There are great opportunityes for advancement. The bonyus program scales based on performance and store volume.

ConsThe workload is huge and there's not enough time to get everything done without going over allotted payroll hours. It's not a job you can just forget about once you're off work esprecially if you're a store manager- expect to field phone calls from employees and higher-ups even from home.

It was fun, management was easy to work with

Hot Topic Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at Hot Topic part-time for more than a year

Pros: Interesting people come in everyday Cons: Retail is harder then you think Advice to Senior Management: n/a Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

What happened?

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Hot Topic part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Before I start, keep in mind that if I were doing this from a sales associate (entry level/floor staff) position it would be 110% different.… Cons: Okay, lots to go over here. First of all Hot Topic took away so many things in the name of saving money that it is… Advice to Senior Management: The people in your stores are much smarter than you think they are. I heard about your "HT love" FB page to try and get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hot Topic.

Worked for Hot Topic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hot Topic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hot Topic CEO Lisa Harper. All reviews posted anonymously by Hot Topic employees.