There are newer employer reviews for Hot Topic

Good work environment-not a lot of hours

Former Employee - Hot Topic Sales Associate  in  Ontario, CA
Former Employee - Hot Topic Sales Associate in Ontario, CA

I worked at Hot Topic part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good music to listen to while you work, great coworkers, 40% discount on merchandise, not hard work

Cons

Don't give sales associates many hours. don't expect more than 20 hours a week unless you are a manager.

some employees who are not students would like to work more hours a week and have to take other jobs just to make ends meet. so giving up to 30 hours would be nice

262 Other Employee Reviews for Hot Topic (View Most Recent)

It is a unqiue store that provides fashion to the ones who mainly appricates music.

Current Employee - Hot Topic Sales Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Hot Topic Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hot Topic part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a store where you will discover a new world of music, and you will feel passionate about working in a store who appricates the art of music.

Cons

Well my main style is a band shirt & some skinny jeans, and as of lately the Hot Topic i attend on a regular basis have been stocking more on Barbie supplies or Hello Kitty, instead of the things they usually have.

Less stocking on the rappers, Barbie, and Hello Kitty & More band related things. Alternative, Metal, Rock, Deathcore and so on.

TSM

Former Employee - TSM  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - TSM in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Hot Topic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great atmosphere, casual dress code. Open communication between field and HQ with fashion, music and pop culture trends. Dm and upper management listen to suggestions and act on them. Great place to be if you have a passion for music, pop culture and customer service. Benefits are amazing and affordable. Flexible schedules and paid vacations. Very structured and organized to minimize excessive work load for managers. Hot topic is a great place to begin your retail career or to continue in upper management.

Cons

Relocation usually required for promotion outside of store level. No assistance is given if you relocate voluntarily. My family was relocated out of state and I had to quit my job of 7 years.

Follow through on commitments made. Your loyal store managers are more valuable than you think. Take the time to accommodate major life changes for your associates and protect your key assets.

There are newer employer reviews for Hot Topic

Worked for Hot Topic? Contribute to the Community!