Hot Topic

www.hottopic.com

Great culture, interesting work, NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE

Internet (Former Employee) City of Industry, CA

ProsHot Topic has a great company culture. It is relaxed, casual and incredibly into music. There are TVs all over the office playing a variety of music all day and bands stop by frequently to play private concerts for employees. They operate on a 9/80 work schedule meaning you work 80 hours in 9 days, so you get every other Friday off.

ConsThey under-staff positions, you end up doing the work of at least two people. I would come into work at 8AM, leave at 7PM and still have a couple of hours of work to do every night at home. Requests for an additional employee were denied.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more resources to the internet department! They are hard workers and generate just as much revenue as the brick and mortar counterparts. You should also re-examine some of the people in your leadership positions. When I was there, I feel there were quite a few people being paid to do nothing but play on Facebook all day.

Not as good as you would think.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) City of Industry, CA

I have been working at Hot Topic full-time for more than a year

Pros: No dress code. In house cafe. Can request extended… Cons: Very poor organization and structure. Technologically backwards. Political… Advice to Senior Management: The company is riddled with internal delays and inefficiencies. The marketing and product development is great but… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good work environment-not a lot of hours

Hot Topic Sales Associate (Former Employee) Ontario, CA

I worked at Hot Topic part-time for less than a year

Pros: Good music to listen to while you work, great coworkers,… Cons: Don't give sales associates many hours. don't expect more than… Advice to Senior Management: some employees who are not students would like to work more hours a week and have to… More
There are newer reviews on Hot Topic.

Worked for Hot Topic? Contribute to the Community!