Hot Topic
www.hottopic.com City of Industry, CA 5000+ Employees

Pretty cool company culture

City of Industry, CA

ProsMost likely this is a company focus on life/work balance. It is pretty developmental as well. Learned quite a bit during my 5 years with company. Many HQ activities are fun! They offer you a drink in an afternoon (based on fun activities). The coolest company I have ever worked for.

ConsMany changes in the management since 2010, which could be good and bad. During the turnaround time, all support functions were cut back quite a bit. If you are in those functional areas, you really don't have much career opportunities for advancement at all.

Great culture, interesting work, NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE

Internet (Former Employee)
    City of Industry, CA

I worked at Hot Topic full-time for more than a year

Pros: Hot Topic has a great company culture. It is relaxed, casual and incredibly into music. There are TVs all over the office playing… Cons: They under-staff positions, you end up doing the work of at least two people. I would come into work at 8AM, leave at… Advice to Senior Management: Give more resources to the internet department! They are hard workers and generate just as much revenue as the brick and mortar counterparts. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good work environment-not a lot of hours

Hot Topic Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Ontario, CA

I worked at Hot Topic part-time for less than a year

Pros: Good music to listen to while you work, great coworkers,… Cons: Don't give sales associates many hours. don't expect more than… Advice to Senior Management: some employees who are not students would like to work more hours a week and have to… More
There are newer reviews on Hot Topic.

Worked for Hot Topic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hot Topic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hot Topic CEO Lisa Harper. All reviews posted anonymously by Hot Topic employees.