Hot Topic
www.hottopic.com City of Industry, CA 5000+ Employees

Fun Job, Just don't expect them to take your carrer seriously

Key Holder (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Hot Topic part-time for more than 5 years

Pros-40% discount
-Generally great co-workers.
-Simple floor sets
-GREAT music selection
-Shipment was generally easy to process
-Hardly any push selling required
-Easy

Cons-Upper management does not take your carrer seriously.
-Training used to consist of different modules that could fill a huge binder, but now its a little book, you really lose valuable information which makes customer service suffer.
-Markdowns were usually all over the place, and further markdowns were a waste of time and payroll.
-Not enough focus on customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the customers, stop having stores PRINT signange on the store printer and then hanging in the windows. The industry is starting to notice and its one of the most trashy things a company can do. DIY is cool if its done right, but printed signs looks cheap.

Kickass Company to Work For!

Key Holder (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hot Topic part-time for less than a year

Pros: -No Dresscode! -Easy daily task -Team members super easy to get along with -Awesome employee discount on everything including clearance (some restrictions) -concert ticket reimbursement The lead singer of… Cons: -If youre at a small (low volume) store you won't get a lot of hours -sales can change at the drop of a dime Sometimes when… Advice to Senior Management: I am apart of management so.....keep up the good work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Store Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Hot Topic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I love my job at Hot Topic. It is the best place I have ever worked in my life and… Cons: I wish we had more hours to work with and… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing. I love that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hot Topic.

Worked for Hot Topic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hot Topic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hot Topic CEO Lisa Harper. All reviews posted anonymously by Hot Topic employees.