Hot Topic

www.hottopic.com

A love of music, culture and people.

ProsI have worked here for over five years now. I have seen some great and terrible company changes. I love my staff and my customers. We try to make our store a place that everyone can call home. I get to meet some really crazy people and learn about music and pop culture. I try to work with my staff so we all get an understanding for one another and always offer an open door. Being small staffed we can really have one on one sessions and bring a little advise to each other. My co workers are my best friends and team mates!

ConsOur payroll is REALLY low. We are a small store and it becomes hard to properly train everyone when we don't have the time. We are expected to throw the noobies out there and if they don't get it, get rid of them. While we have never used this process, I know other managers who have. It's just not ideal and not fair. We only have one full time employee so it's tough luck for everyone else when it comes to hours. We try to make it as fair as possible. Pay is not that great either. Newly hired are started out on minimum wage. Being there 5 years I'm only making about $3 more than when I started, which was not a lot to begin with.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the stores that are doing well, manage the business. We know what works for our community so let us do it. No more last minute promo changes. No more exceptions for the crappy customer who comes to start a fight so they can get their way. We have a return policy for a reason. No more secret shoppers. No more key items! I love this company and I only want to see it grow and become a part of people's lives. I wish we had more incentives and drives to help our employees feel appreciated. Payroll is a big part of it. More full time opportunities and pay increase.

good job in the mall

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hot Topic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: music and cool merchandise to sell Cons: too many pogs, low payroll Advice to Senior Management: be ready to move alot of stuff. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazing

Part Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Hot Topic part-time for more than a year

Pros: Everything!!! I love being challenged and I continue to grow with a higher business acumen every… Cons: None that I can think of Advice to Senior Management: I am reading some negative reviews on here and I am just beside myself. This company has given me so many great things to be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hot Topic.

Worked for Hot Topic? Contribute to the Community!