Hot Topic

www.hottopic.com

Competent and worth the time

Hot Topic Sales Associate (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsDecent management where I was at. Easy to talk to, nice to get along with. Definitely get a nice discount for clothing; easy to upgrade your wardrobe in a few paychecks.

ConsCustomers can be jerks. Sometimes, managing customer requests means running to and back from a manager for assistance. Managing items in the back or front can get tiring and annoying. Young kids (middle school to early high school) are both the most frequent spenders and most annoying experience you'll have in retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the way some things are handled. Give employee's a bit more control in terms of managing customers and life becomes easier for everyone.

Hot Topic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hot Topic

Pros: Fun work environment. Good coworkers Cons: Customers are annoying. Lots of push for deals. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very Disappointed

District Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hot Topic full-time for more than a year

Pros: The company offers very good benefits to its Full Time employees. Additionally, it… Cons: No incentive to keep talent and extremely poor ethics and accountability at upper management levels. I'm currently a DM for this brand; however, it… Advice to Senior Management: I can recall an RD commenting about Hot Topic's "poor reputation" in the field of retail and that person puzzling over why that could be....… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hot Topic.

Worked for Hot Topic? Contribute to the Community!