Hotcards

Its a union shop.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Hotcards

Pros

The owner is a cutting edge type of person who is aware of current trends and has a great business sense.

Cons

Not all in management possess true leadership qualities required for a productive environment which has led to animosity among the production employees.

Certain members of management should be properly assessed for their abilities to be effective in their job duties in regards to managing others.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Hotcards (View Most Recent)

Used to be great!

Former Employee - Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Hotcards full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great story! Former owner Columbus Woodruff was cutting edge and inspirational. He made every employee feel important.

The company was a Union Print shop so the benefits and pay is good. They also bought lunch for entire company every Friday.

Cons

The original owner sold the company in 2013 and things changed immediately! New owners, less focus on employees, less focus on customers. New ownership got rid if entire production staff and brought in their own team.

Need to go back to the employee focused company they used to be.

Bring it back to they way it was!

Fun place to work

Current Employee - General Labor in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - General Labor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Hotcards

Pros

They buy us lunch every Friday!, not some cheap food either, always great quality food.
    We stay real busy so the days go by very fast. They even agreed to give us all raises on the last union contract, pretty impressive in this economy.

Cons

Production area is a little small for the amount of work we do, they should consider expanding the building, or renting another place nearby.

Management tends to kind of let the place run itself which works, but it shouldn't be so laid back about everything, some employees tend to take advantage of this and abuse it.

There are newer employer reviews for Hotcards