Hotel Bel Air

www.hotelbelair.com

Lack of executive support, no employee respect or safety concerns, overworked - yet not enough hours

SPA Coordinator (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBeautiful hotel property, hard to not love the Bel-Air. Encouraging engage training, fantastic cafeteria and benefits such as acupuncture/medical/dental, perks such as 3 free nights at a property, reputation of what is the Bel-Air...really on the verge of what I think will be an amazing hotel for employees and guests. Customer-satisfaction and intimate setting to truly devote to customer-care. Awesome Christmas party and incentives, like cash awards for good service. Inspiring town-hall meetings and excellent verbage / mission statement from the hotel itself.

ConsLack of executive management support in individual departments. No loyalty to long-term staff members, recently let go of long-term employees. Turn over in management is high. 30 hrs is considered full-time, will turn a blind-eye if need be instead of hiring or prepping staff. Set up for failure due to lack of physical resources, not always a supervisor at reach & generally understaffed hours for a given shift. Difficult to achieve more than 34 - 38 hours. Does not like to provide overtime. Hotel itself is low on funds, owned by a prince. Serve many royals and wealthy 1%, often times treated like lower class. Not always willing to tip, depending on department. demanding guests and due to the wealth, protocol changes in respect to how much a guest is spending. Can be difficult to gauge proper boundaries and when it's ok to say "no" even when request endanger employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimply listen to your staff and provide basic support, a little appreciation will spread miles and create a solid devotion to the Dorchester team.

Overworked, micromanaged, and not empowered to act in confidence.

Evening Server (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hotel Bel Air full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits, Wine Knowledge, Good Tips Cons: Overworking Terrible Management in the Restaurant Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Hotel Bel Air - Los Angeles

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hotel Bel Air for more than a year

Pros: Great employee cafeteria! Beautiful property. Elegant Rooms. Cons: Ignorant people running parts of this hotel. Low pay. This… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees. Be more open to creative ideas. Not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hotel Bel Air.

Worked for Hotel Bel Air? Contribute to the Community!