There are newer employer reviews for Hotelplanner.com

Great place to work...lot's of motivation, recognition and rewards. Very professional fast growing organization.

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great blend of excellent management and leading edge technology makes Hotelplanner a great place to work. High expectations and support to take personal initiative makes this company a perfect setting to show how good I can be,

Cons

Not really a negative...the company is expanding globally...which is creating more opportunity. Results are measured at the individual level as well as making team contributions.

Only hire the best people that can buy into the company's goals!

24 Other Employee Reviews for Hotelplanner.com (View Most Recent)

Rapid Growth, But Needs Better and More Consistent Training/Employee Management, Especially Across Offices

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com (less than an year)

Pros

Rapid growth and expansion of company. CEO is brilliant, relatable, and very accessible, really loves the company and what he does. Good relationships with coworkers, as long as you remain within the clique. Ability to take on more hours if you'd like. Free lunch every day! Opportunity to learn a lot. Occasional opportunities to go to fun, interesting, over-the-top events that you wouldn't ordinarily have the opportunity to go to.

Cons

Open office makes sound levels extremely loud so you often find yourself apologizing to clients for the noise level. There are no enforced standards/expectations of all employees, across offices. As many employees (planners) work from home, there is often no one monitoring them. As corporate structure is very flat, people can essentially do what they wish and everyone is out to do what makes their lives easier/makes themselves the most money, not necessarily what is best for the company as a whole. Also, they need to look to promote from within instead of continuing to hire new people for a position above someone who has been there for significantly longer who then has to spend their time training their new "boss" - that doesn't make sense. The office becomes its own clique which you must compete to stay a part of. All individuals in the same position will not always receive the same pay - and it is not a matter of seniority or performance, merely which office you work in and if you've asked for a raise or not, etc. Absolutely everyone talks behind each other's backs - within the office, across multiple offices, etc. - including management making public to those they manage/those beneath them that they disagree with another manager's style - not good for work ethic or overall positive culture in the office.

Create a clearly-defined corporate structure. Create an online forum where employees can anonymously submit suggestions or issues they are experiencing in the office in order to work to create a more cohesive company. Slow down expansion a bit to first ensure you aren't losing sight of your employees in the rapid growth and pace of things. Limit the access lower employees have towards doing certain things on the backend of the site in order to reduce the problems this creates in the future with other employees whom decisions on a whim may affect. Create a company handbook or guidelines which are enforced throughout all offices, including wage scales. Don't let employees skate by doing nothing just because you like them as a person - if they aren't doing their work and doing it well, and if a multitude of people constantly complain about them, it's time to let them go. Create core values, etc. that define and represent the company and ensure everyone is on board with this. Stop hiring people just to get more peopleforce - if they don't have an interest in the company and what their job entails, they won't be an asset anyway and will just create more work for other employees.

Committed to Excellence

Former Employee - IT Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hotelplanner.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hotelplanner really pushed me to do my best work and is committed equally to the excellence of its product/service as much as to the quality of life of its employees. On a few occasions, due to personal emergency, I had to take a leave of absence. Both owners were caring and considerate to my situation. Also, during my time working for them I grew tremendously in the area of IT.

Cons

The only con is if you are not a very motivated and caring person. If you want a laid back job that doesn't challenge you, then don't apply to HotelPlanner. It's a very efficient and responsible team of players. It's not extremely stressful. It just pushes you in a positive way to be on your best game at all times.

Working with upper management has been as close to a dream as one gets in the business world. I only wish I could transfer the old management team to my new job. As far as my career goes, looking back, my time with Hotelplanner was a peak moment.

There are newer employer reviews for Hotelplanner.com