Hotels.com

www.hotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hotels.com

Management was a very mixed bag

I worked at Hotels.com

Pros

This job had great pay and it was a fun place to work in terms of coworkers.

Cons

Management was not good. My direct boss had her favorites and rewarded them with plum assignments and promotions. People that weren't the favorites or didn't brown-nose were fired without good reason (I saw this happen several times). I was lectured on taking time off for a family member's funeral, which was probably illegal and at best, not in line with the company's policies.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Hotels.com (View Most Recent)

Fast-paced work environment where people are sometimes forgotten

I worked at Hotels.com

Pros

This is a fast-paced work environment. A new idea might get discussed in the morning that leads to a change proposal. That proposal might be approved by lunch time and the wheels are turning to make it happen by the end of the day. The company is well known and respected in business circles, and there seems to be a lot growth potential.

Cons

Sometimes, the fast pace is difficult to handle. Though decisions can be made very quickly, they are sometimes not well thought through. Most of the mid-level managers are in their early 30's which means they are energetic and enthusiastic. But that also means that they lack deep business experience and a long-term perspective. It is almost like the company operates for today with no consideration for yesterday and little worry about the long-term future. I also felt like there was little concern for people. There was a sort of "take it or leave it" attitude toward employees. So, if you didn't like it, you could leave. There were no employee morale building programs and there was absolutely no concern about keeping employees satisfied so they would stay for the long term.

Build a long term vision for the company. Treat employees as assets that you invest in for the long term. Develop top-notch employees and give them a reason to feel invested in the future of the company. Watch out for hot shot managers and VPs who are just trying to show off and deliver one time solutions to help build their resumes.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Travel Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Travel Specialist in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Travel benefits, a lot of vacation time. positive environment.

Cons

I don't have any cons about working here.

There are newer employer reviews for Hotels.com