There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire

Hotwire is not a place for you if you have a pulse. Cooperate passive aggressive culture. They just want yes men.

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

great travel perks. Great SF financial district location

Cons

Cooperate passive aggressive culture. Agile but still very command and control with a lot of useless meetings.

Advice to Management

Fire your middle managers and make them apply for their jobs again. Being able to schedule meetings is not a skill.

Other Employee Reviews for Hotwire

Hotwire is a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I really like the atmosphere in Hotwire - friendly team, collaborative, and goals oriented. Professional management and engineering teams. Interesting tasks!

Cons

I don't see many Cons at Hotwire. It may look a bit conservative, but still ok in terms of career development.

Advice to Management

I like the way you manage transformation at Hotwire. Moving to Agile is a big and right step for the entire company.

boring and bland but with dangling carrot

Current Employee - I Tick and I Travel Over the Hotwire in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - I Tick and I Travel Over the Hotwire in San Francisco, CA

Pros

great place to have a child, very fair. great place if you really want to disappear so to speak. i.e. get little done and just coast. a ton of people have left so a lot of openings are there for people to rise into to. lax hours. some people come at 11 and leave at 4, even a the high up. great stock grants and options over there years to keep you chugging along. very generous bonus which keeps us around! clem (president) is really a great guy who i think is trying to handle things the best he can.

Cons

lot of management heaped on top of more management. it seems like there is a 1-4 or 1-3 ratio of managers to contributors in some departments. so that is a super big pain in getting anything done. way too much process. they tried agile and that did not work with those involved. so now they have a new thing called queues which is like mini waterfalls but is turning out to be just as slow and painful. but with just less people in each one. a lot of deadweight even at the high high up. they really can take any fun out of anything while getting big big salaries. a lot of people have been leaving as well which is really sad and ironically its a lot of smart people who are going. so the weak ones stay. ugh.

Advice to Management

fire all those slackers. get rid of all the managers. flatten the org. get rid of that horrific waterfall structure. merge product and fd together and make people accountable. reward those that work. not those who kiss ass.