Hotwire

www.hotwire.com

Wants to be a leader in business, but pay sucks

Pros

First of all, kudos to the management for making a wise decision to transition from Waterfall to Agile, very late though and probably the last company to adopt a methodology proven in the market 4 years back. It really gives a great feeling as if sitting on a hot seat everyday.. Work is very interesting and challenging and I see a lot more potential for growth and improvement coming on the way sooner..

Cons

Having said growth potential exists, definitely not in terms of pay / position. Don't expect any promotions.. Expect just few biscuits as increment or bonus.. No recognition for the achievers and your manager will not pat on your back for the job well done. Management aims to be a leader in business and wants to use state of the art technology and tools, but pays literally low compared to the industry standards.. Come on, give something to the real workers.. After all, management should not take all the pride & money at the end of the day.

Fantastic show in the last 1 year and good luck for the future..

Other reviews for Hotwire

Great place to work

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great technology, talented employees, and lots of perks. My manager is constantly asking me what he can do to make me feel fulfilled and happy with my job.

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind.

A comfortable company with good work/life balance at the expense of technical skills development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Good work/life balance. I could easily maintain a 40-hour work week and still do well.
    - Good benefits. Nice commuter benefits and generous vacation.
    - A variety or products and projects to stay busy.

Cons

- Older technology stack. The site is old, and attempting to use newer technologies is difficult.
    - Underpays employees. My salary has increased by ~24% since joining 5 years ago.

There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire.

Worked for Hotwire? Contribute to the Community!