Hotwire

www.hotwire.com

It's just ok

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Great work / life balance. Reasonable hours
- Great benefits like commuter reimbursement, health and fitness allowance, extra floating holidays, free fancy drinks
- The company has been around for awhile now so it's pretty stable and efficient

Cons- Seems like getting ahead is difficult. It's very corporate in that way. There seems to be a lot of middle management positions. I don't know what all those people do.
- The culture is pretty dull. Perhaps in the past it was more exciting and energetic, but now it seems cliquey and staid. As a new person, I didn't feel very welcomed. The pace seems slow to me. Not a very exciting place to work.
- Pay is decent, but on the lower end
- A lot of people have been there for a very long time. I wonder if that is a good thing or a bad thing. New blood, new ideas, new energy....
- My manager doesn't really advocate for me or mentor me. I feel left on my own to navigate a relatively large and somewhat closed off culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementClem made a habit of talking to and getting to know all employees. He made himself approachable. I don't get that feeling from most of the rest of the senior team. Be approachable and help ALL employees feel that their input is valuable, not just the people with seniority or in product and marketing. The next great idea could come from anyone.

An overall solid experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hotwire for more than 5 years

Pros: The best thing about working here has to be the subject matter -- travel. As an employee you get great travel perks and are… Cons: Career/compensation growth can be slow. My biggest issues came from specific individuals that were hired over the years that I had difficulty working with,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Wants to be a leader in business, but pay sucks

(Current Employee)

I have been working at Hotwire full-time

Pros: First of all, kudos to the management for making a wise decision to transition from Waterfall to Agile, very late though and probably the last… Cons: Having said growth potential exists, definitely not in terms of pay / position. Don't expect any promotions.. Expect just few biscuits as increment or bonus..… Advice to Senior Management: Fantastic show in the last 1 year and good luck… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hotwire.

Worked for Hotwire? Contribute to the Community!