Hotwire
www.hotwire.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Working at Hotwire Made Me More Intelligent

Product Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsSounds weird to say, but I really do feel smarter since I started working at Hotwire. My colleagues are incredibly bright and creative -- they challenge my brain every single day. Sharp cookies, all of them.

At the same time, they take their jobs very seriously, but they don't take themselves too seriously. It’s not an ego-driven culture. People just focus on executing well, and it does get acknowledged. Things get crunched sometimes, but generally we are given the resources -- and are expected to make the effort -- to build it right the first time.

People are genuinely enthusiastic about the company and the products. Colleagues are supportive and encouraging of each other. It's true what everyone else said about the quality-of-life culture, the parties, and so on. It feels good to work here, and senior management seems to be sincerely interested in keeping it that way.

ConsHotwire wouldn't be the best place for a hyperactive/novelty-seeking kind of personality. Because of its size and focus, there aren't endless opportunities to do vastly different things. The products are pretty mature, so it’s right now it’s mostly about evolution and incremental innovation.

With all these smart people around, things can get a bit wonkish. That's only a con if it's not really your style. For most people here, that's actually a pro.

The whole place is open-plan cubicle (upper management, too) which makes it social and accessible, but sometimes a bit distracting. Noise-canceling headphones are common. Luckily, Hotwire gave them out as holiday gifts last year!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

A fun place to work

Marketing Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Hotwire

Pros: Great benefits, 3-4 weeks PTO, travel discounts, fun work culture, casual dress, fitness reimbursement A ton of social events: picnics, bowling, indian independence day...if… Cons: Long hours and poor employee moral in certain departments Painfully slow process to get anything accomplished Overly strategic, so much… Advice to Senior Management: Promote within, give competitive raises, hire internally, cross-train. Provide career growth opportunities to your… More

Some departments are better than others.

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hotwire

Pros: Free soda generous bonuses fun parties and companywide picnics/outings Tuition reimbursement Cons: I think it's a great place to work as long as you don't work in the department i was in. One member of the senior… Advice to Senior Management: Can we please get it together? More
There are newer reviews on Hotwire.

Worked for Hotwire? Contribute to the Community!

Hotwire – Why Work for Us?

Working with us is all about inspiration, challenge, collaboration and having a say in what you do. Hotwire’s got the energy of a startup, PLUS, the stability of being part of the Expedia family of companies -- the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hotwire reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hotwire CEO Henrik Kjellberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Hotwire employees.