Hotwire

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire

Deadheading non-productive employees

I have been working at Hotwire

Pros

Lively, there's always something new to learn every day.
The senior management really tries to keep the employees happy and they've been doing a great job.
In general, people are friendly, helpful and smart.

Cons

Some departments are good in keeping only the productive employees. Some other departments are doing very poor job on that aspect, so some people are not taking their jobs seriously, using most of their time at work to do personal stuff, even doing their other/side job.

Remove the dead head and pain point people that have been getting out of control. Just like flowers, this will encourage the company to produce new blooms. There are many people out there that are willing to replace them and can do a better job.

128 Other Employee Reviews for Hotwire (View Most Recent)

Love working at Hotwire - solid business and company

I have been working at Hotwire

Pros

Exciting industry (travel), smart employees, great work-life balance, good location, solid technology, solid products and business model, good processes, opportunities to learn and try new things, fun company events, discounts on travel products

Cons

Technology is somewhat behind the times, lacks the energy of a startup (but there are significant pros to this as well, such as work-life balance), no extravagant events (the company is cost-concious like our customers)

I think we can take on even bigger challenges. Let's aggressively search for something big or risky, while still doing our core business well.

Best company I've worked for -- hands down.

Current Employee - Senior Producer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Producer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hotwire

Pros

Unbelievable travel discounts to start. I've been able to take more trips, for far less money, and really have the work/life balance that I've always wanted in a job, but never had. Hotwire is a very casual place to work in regards to dress code and hours (9-5 most days). I feel comfortable in jeans and tennis shoes everyday. The president is fun/funny/approachable/down to earth/smart/realistic. Everyone around me is extremely smart and talented, which makes for an inspiring work environment. But in the same breath, everyone likes to have a good time. There are ALWAYS events and parties within the company, so you get to know your coworkers well. Hotwire recognizes talent and supports internal growth as much as possible. So great benefits, travel discounts, internal growth opportunities, and a casual/fun environment. Not to mention, we're still hiring, which is a great sign. It's truly the best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

I can't think of a lot of downsides to working at Hotwire. If I have to give one, I would say that they do the most work with the least amount of resources possible. But I don't really see that as a downside, but more about just being efficient.

Provide as much training and guidance for non-management employees to succeed and grow within the company. Make sure the employees are always challenged and growing as individuals.

There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire