Hotwire

www.hotwire.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire

do not rock the boat or you might get wet

Former Employee - I Had A Number in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - I Had A Number in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hotwire

Pros

- It is a job
- It pays ok
- The environment is clean
- Most people do not smell
- Its in the city
- People are in general nice even though they are clique-like
- If you have a baby they take good care of you
- It is easy to slack and get by in many departments
- It is very rare they fire people

Cons

This place is the epitome of boring and conservative, almost to the point of being bank like. If you dare do anything that is even remotely boat rocking you will be burned at the rebel. They people that have lasted a long time here really do not rock the boat at all. After a while here I could not take the munde-ness anymore and had to leave dodge. It was mind boggling the number of meetings to discuss doing the smallest task. No dept ever wants to own something. Ten people in a room to discuss something that takes 1 hour to do. And nobody in upper managements has the cajones to do anything about it. 25% of the employees here do probably 90% of the work. So many people sit on their tail and surf the web, talk about cars, computers etc. There are at least 3 people in the office I have witnessed farting in public. The fun days of the in and out trucks and happy hours are gone. Its a 9 -5er for many. Some a 10-4er.

Get your collective heads out of the sand. Actually grow some and fire the dead weight and hire some real cream of the crop. For every 2 slackers you could fire you could hire 1 stellar person at a competitive salary. Hold people accountable for doing bad work instead of promoting them.

126 Other Employee Reviews for Hotwire (View Most Recent)

Deadheading non-productive employees

I have been working at Hotwire

Pros

Lively, there's always something new to learn every day.
    The senior management really tries to keep the employees happy and they've been doing a great job.
    In general, people are friendly, helpful and smart.

Cons

Some departments are good in keeping only the productive employees. Some other departments are doing very poor job on that aspect, so some people are not taking their jobs seriously, using most of their time at work to do personal stuff, even doing their other/side job.

Remove the dead head and pain point people that have been getting out of control. Just like flowers, this will encourage the company to produce new blooms. There are many people out there that are willing to replace them and can do a better job.

Love working at Hotwire - solid business and company

I have been working at Hotwire

Pros

Exciting industry (travel), smart employees, great work-life balance, good location, solid technology, solid products and business model, good processes, opportunities to learn and try new things, fun company events, discounts on travel products

Cons

Technology is somewhat behind the times, lacks the energy of a startup (but there are significant pros to this as well, such as work-life balance), no extravagant events (the company is cost-concious like our customers)

I think we can take on even bigger challenges. Let's aggressively search for something big or risky, while still doing our core business well.

There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire