Hotwire

www.hotwire.com

should give prozac to all new hires, that boring

Current Employee - A Senior Leader of Principal Players
Current Employee - A Senior Leader of Principal Players

Pros

- the office is clean and orderly
- most people are not social so they do not annoy you much
- you can get a nice view of coitus tower or china town depending on where you sit
- they have free honest tea
- you can yelp, facebook, myspace, etc almost all day and still get your work done
- I have a boatload of stock and options that are keeping me here.
- clem is a really good guy.

Cons

- so boring, all you think about is your life withering away
- so many brainwashed middle-types who are afraid to do anything
- so much fear in changing an ounce of anything, let alone a pound
- in the years I have been here more good leave and the slackers stay
- older employees who have been here have awesome pto policy, thus they stay
- they very rarely fire anybody
- in my dept nobody works remotely while in others they do freely

The other day I saw a hotwire ad on tv and it did not even register that I worked there. That is how disconnected I realized I was with this place. You go into the office and suddenly a dark cloud of depression hits you. then as you leave the veil of depression is gone. i am not expecting it to be like a wild 2000 startup where people are all partying and making out with each other but working at a 200 person company that moves at ibm speed leaves something to be desired. If it were not for a variety of stock option and rsu grants that I got I would never be staying at this place.

make it fun before every damn good employee leaves. they are going right from under you.

another option. fire half the company. do not add any new feature to the site for 1 years and see how things are. chances are you will have made the same money and spent half the salary.

quit being so pollyanish about stuff.

quit being so afraid to tie your own shoe!

Other reviews for Hotwire

Can get old fast

Pros

- Convenient location, food is close by depending on taste
    - Office is well lit, fridge is stocked with drinks
    - Stable environment in terms of workload, not many employees sitting around past 7pm

Cons

- Can't keep up with what's going on outside it's environment
    - The business can get old really fast due to low innovation
    - Managers don't take subordinates seriously enough about the business

Start listening, not just to managers but lower employees. All employees are your eyes and ears to the business world. They see things you might not.

Remains a cool place to work....actually better!

Pros

The place is crawling with brainiacs. They may be quiet; they may have their heads down but they're seriously smart. And not just the "new" employees. "Old Timers" didn't get that way from being sub-par performers. It's fun (for me, at least) to know I work with people who could indeed answer all the "impossible" interview questions but don't come off as Mensa nimrods. Just doin' the job, doing it well and having fun while doing it.

Cons

I don't want to be a complete Pollyanna, but if one must work, one might as well do it at a place like Hotwire. Like any workplace, a single day can be ruined by an absent-minded co-worker or a tough deadline but, all in all, I think people feel valued and genuinely proud of their company.

Ummmm....it would be a mistake to say something bad about management, or senior management. Not because I'm afraid (although I do get nervous around Mr. Bason!) but because, from where I sit, things are going well. Really well.

There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire.

Worked for Hotwire? Contribute to the Community!