There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire

A positive experience. I'm happy, and I'm tough to make happy!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hotwire

Pros

Great work/life balance. smart people. great benefits, they are a social bunch if that works for you. Casual work environment. Great Transparentness and established process. Great mix of old people and new people keeps it interesting. Great Office Space. Respect people, Clem is engaged and they do there best to bring people along and avoid layoffs. Open environment improves communication. Exciting industry (travel) discounts on travel products.

Cons

Small companies offer less career growth opportunities. Pay is a bit below market. Some folks might find that dull. Process can be a bit dated, like remote working policy. It's a bit like a step back in time. Like small towns, it can feel politically a little to close at times. Open Environment can have a negative impact on productivity. Yet people are very complacent so that is great if you want a peaceful environment where nobody argues or even debates and it's oddly quiet perhaps due to the open environment I think for new people it leans towards creepy.

Start listening, not just to managers but lower employees. Keep up the great work and stay engaged. Perhaps if possible you could sit down with employees, all of them, on a yearly basis. Would do wonders for moral and input from outside the senior management chain.

109 Other Employee Reviews for Hotwire (View Most Recent)

Below average in Bay Area standards

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hotwire

Pros

- nice people, nice locations

Cons

- compensations are way below the market
    - they cant attract top talents

do not rock the boat or you might get wet

Former Employee - I Had A Number in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - I Had A Number in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hotwire

Pros

- It is a job
    - It pays ok
    - The environment is clean
    - Most people do not smell
    - Its in the city
    - People are in general nice even though they are clique-like
    - If you have a baby they take good care of you
    - It is easy to slack and get by in many departments
    - It is very rare they fire people

Cons

This place is the epitome of boring and conservative, almost to the point of being bank like. If you dare do anything that is even remotely boat rocking you will be burned at the rebel. They people that have lasted a long time here really do not rock the boat at all. After a while here I could not take the munde-ness anymore and had to leave dodge. It was mind boggling the number of meetings to discuss doing the smallest task. No dept ever wants to own something. Ten people in a room to discuss something that takes 1 hour to do. And nobody in upper managements has the cajones to do anything about it. 25% of the employees here do probably 90% of the work. So many people sit on their tail and surf the web, talk about cars, computers etc. There are at least 3 people in the office I have witnessed farting in public. The fun days of the in and out trucks and happy hours are gone. Its a 9 -5er for many. Some a 10-4er.

Get your collective heads out of the sand. Actually grow some and fire the dead weight and hire some real cream of the crop. For every 2 slackers you could fire you could hire 1 stellar person at a competitive salary. Hold people accountable for doing bad work instead of promoting them.

There are newer employer reviews for Hotwire