Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

www.hmhco.com

Coerced! Exploiting fear and anxiety in Employee's.

Current Employee - Management  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Management in Boston, MA

Pros

A Job, A Pay check, and Benefits. "You don't like here? There's the door Policy.. Employees are the employers mercy and "Yes" you have us over a barrel.

Cons

Management is disrespectful and bullies employees. Subordinates are threatened by potential loss of employment. Leadership team gossips with other leadership members in presents of coworkers and subordinates. Employees are coerced into joining the banter and adhering to the negative remarks. Not all leadership members agree with the antics of leadership. Recent layoffs reflect a prejudice towards mature workers and women. Upper management known for making negative remarks about height, weight, regional dialect, education level, life style choice, and marital status.

Current employed and recently unemployed managers are aware of the unethical work conditions in Adjacent Markets. Please poll both your employees and managers to report these unfair practices. We need an anonymous reporting line, HR team leaders are not known for trustworthiness and discretion.
"If we believe a thing to be bad, and if we have a right to prevent it, it is our duty to try to prevent it.”

Other reviews for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Transition

Pros

Excellent, professional colleagues who are hard-working people, but constant changes have taken a toll on morale.

Cons

Company is still in transition trying to deide what their "sweet-spot" is.

2.5 years - still happy to work here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

I started working here during the O'Callahan administration and times were troubled. Once O'Callahan was replaced by current CEO, Linda Zecher, there's been a huge push toward improving company culture, stabilizing salaries and offering employee training. I've taken three free training seminars in the last 2 years and it's improved various skill sets. I have a supportive manager and I enjoy my team and co-workers. Flexible hours are a pro, as are Summer Fridays.

Cons

If you give us free coffee, we will work harder, faster, better...

Please support the free coffee movement.

There are newer employer reviews for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.

Worked for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt? Contribute to the Community!