Houlihan Lokey

www.hl.com
  www.hl.com
There are newer employer reviews for Houlihan Lokey

If you stay within FAS as an analyst for more than 1 year, your career track will become stagnant

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Century City, CA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Century City, CA

I have been working at Houlihan Lokey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Quite honestly, this job provides a pretty good stepping stone to get into investment banking (M&A or industry coverage). Generally, the people are very nice in FAS (at least in the LA office) and the group provides pretty good work/life balance.

Cons

Overall, compensation is pretty poor for FAS. Also, exit opportunities become very bleak if you stay longer than 1 year.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Houlihan Lokey (View Most Recent)

Great experience

Current Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Houlihan Lokey as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great people. They were not only smart but also fun to work with. I worked in the FAS group as an analyst intern and had a great experience. The only reason I didn't return was because of the location, yet my MD still wrote me a great recommendation letter and helped me get my current job.

Cons

The hours were long and you can never really know when you'll have to work late or come in on the weekends. But that's pretty standard in this line of work.

Keep on keepin' on.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Houlihan Lokey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Houlihan is a great place to start or continue your career. It is continually growing and has a great entrepreneurial culture. As a finance professional, you will work incredibly hard, but you will also have the opportunity to learn about and help companies in numerous industries. The people were the reason why I joined Houlihan over other companies and it was the reason I stayed there until going back to school.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard and challenge yourself. There will be nights that you don't go home and weeks where you do not see your family. That's the nature of the business. Know yourself and what you are looking for career wise before accepting an offer.

More compensation transparency and more morale building activities.

There are newer employer reviews for Houlihan Lokey