Houston Astros

www.astros.com
There are newer employer reviews for Houston Astros

overall it was good

I have been working at Houston Astros

Pros

playing baseball as a job is what everyone dreams of doing, and you get nearly 5 months off each year

Cons

lack of pay and long hours, also the fact that you stay in bad hotels and take long bus trips in the minors

15 Other Employee Reviews for Houston Astros (View Most Recent)

Guest Service Agent

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Astros part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very very Flexible, our management staff is amazing they treat us with respect and are very understanding, free lunch, lockers, uniforms provided, one big happy family!

Cons

seasonal job, work during the evening and get out late at night, weeks on and off depending on the team status, work during the summer when its hot, deal with a bunch of ignorant drunk people that come to the game.

I wouldn't know what to say I love how the management is running the operation

I love going to work.

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Astros part-time (less than an year)

Pros

My co-workers make my job easier; they're all friendly, love what they do, and help represnt the Astros organization in a great way. You get to choose which games you want to work. The company provides food during our break and that time is included in our salary. We get a couple of freebies every now and then (tickets, jerseys). The overall all work experience is great.

Cons

Well of course not kuch promotion (maybe eventually become a supervisor). There is some miscommunication between the different departments. There are times when staff is shorthanded.

Just one thing, have a meeting with all the heads of each department so that we can be on the same page.

There are newer employer reviews for Houston Astros