Houston Housing Authority
www.housingforhouston.com Houston, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Worst Management Ever

Case Worker (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Housing Authority full-time for more than a year

ProsHHA has flexible work schedules and opportunities to transfer to different positions within the company.

ConsThe caseloads are very heavy and while there is no hesitation to pile on more work, many barriers are put in place against pay increases. There is no accountability to the Executive level for how case workers are treated by supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to find a way to pay employees better. The pay is not worth the stress. I think case workers would feel better about the low pay if the supervisors had better management skills. Your supervisors are causing you to lose good employees. Employees leave work stressed to the limit and hate coming to work the next day. The Board needs to become more involved in HHA operations.

Horrible Staff Morale, Low Pay -- Job itself is not bad.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Houston Housing Authority

Pros: -Flexible schedules/ PTO and dress code are good - Not too strict - Will gain massive amount of customer service experience -They provide training and… Cons: - Low Pay and overworked -- Unreasonable quotas are given at times. - Constant threats about consequences/termination for not meeting that quota - Disrespct from certain… Advice to Senior Management: Look into the way some supervisors are running certain departments, specifically Intake. Provide management skills training to supervisors -- they do not know how to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work

Houston Housing Authority Case Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Housing Authority

Pros: Good management from company leadership. I've really enjoyed my time here. The… Cons: Currently, the only downside of working there is the condition… Advice to Senior Management: Right now, the Houston Housing Authority has a great leadership… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Houston Housing Authority.

Worked for Houston Housing Authority? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Houston Housing Authority reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Houston Housing Authority CEO Tory Gunsolley. All reviews posted anonymously by Houston Housing Authority employees.