There are newer employer reviews for Houston Methodist

Offers opportunities of growth butt choosing the right management team within Methodist is essential for success

Current Employee - Coordinator in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Methodist

Pros

Benefits are great as far as holidays, insurance, and tuition reimbursement Reputation is outstanding. People recognize the company as the top leading hospital Renown Care High Standards Values

Cons

Management Styles drastically vary from departments and even hospital locations The respect between management levels is off balance The pay is way too low for the work. The company needs to be more open to negotiation of salaries

Advice to Management

Offer department team building exercises Be more competitive with salaries Offer easier transfer opportunities Update the technology especially at community hospitals (San Jac)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The Methodist Hospital is the best hospital in the world in many specialties and operates as such.

Former Employee - Credentialing Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Credentialing Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Methodist

Pros

Methodist centers itself on values. It's in the heart of the medical center in Houston where cost of living is low.

Cons

The Methodist Hospital can be competitive because the hospital is very high profile. Medicine has it's ups and downs no matter where you work.

Advice to Management

The Methodist hospital was a wonderful place to work. I am so thrilled for Marc Boom to be taking over for Ron Girotto. I truly believe he will make wonderful things happen for the hospital.

Don't assume all departments fit the top 100 places to work-

Former Employee - Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Methodist

Pros

Good benefits and overall orientation to the hospital environment. Methodist does really care about serving the patient and guests in a superior manner.

Cons

An incomplete job description caused a devastating life experience. I was terminated after working there 6 weeks because I was unable to perform job duties that were never listed on the job description. I resigned from another position with a company where I had full time employment and benefits and had worked for 18 months. I went to work for Methodist only to be unceremoniously terminated because I did not possess skills that were not in the job description I signed when I signed my offer letter. Management could have worked with me in terms of another position in the institution or trained me. I have excellent experience for the position and a college degree. I should have known better because there had been a great deal of turnover in this department. I was not given any severance, extended medical benefits or notice. After receiving the news I was told to call an HR representative. No HR representative was present when I was terminated. After leaving several messages for HR to return my call, no one has ever returned my call. Management seemed most interested in having me sign a confidentiality agreement. I would suggest if you are considering employment with Methodist that you fully investigate your job duties and how much turnover there has been in the position previously. Ask the interviewer to explain why the changes occurred. Then ask to interview with another manager in the department to get a complete picture. I have worked for a top 100 company before (my previous employer) and Methodist Hospital Houston is not a top 100 company to work for.

Advice to Management

If there is a great deal of turnover in a department it might be due to the manager and not necessarily the employees. The manager is the common denominator in the situation not the employee. Correct job descriptions are a basic requirement of running a good company or institution. HR should investigate departments with a revolving door syndrome.