Great Place to work

Current Employee - Healthcare in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Healthcare in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Methodist full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People are friendly; education is plentiful. Senior Management listens.

Cons

Compensation may not be at fair market value in some areas.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I love this place!! A very good place to work!!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, MedSurg in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse, MedSurg in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Houston Methodist part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very warm environment to work, caring people around, Fertile soil to grow personally and professionally. Most of the managers are compassionate and willing to adjust the schedule to balance between the personal and professional life.

Cons

Salary should be comparable to other places around

Advice to Management

Weekend differentials, better insurance etc. can be some of the things which should be considered for improvement

Our ICARE values are not just words on a wall

Current Employee - RN IV in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - RN IV in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Methodist full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been a nurse since I was 19 years old and have worked in hospitals all around the country. Houston Methodist Willowbrook has been the place I have stayed and made my work home. Every hospital will tell you their mission and values, and has pretty words on the wall. Here at Willowbrook we actually live these values every day. It is apparent from the moment you walk in and it permeates the building. I specifically work in the ICU and CVCU and both of the units work as teams, helping each other, and never allowing a fellow nurse to "drown". We are a Magnet designated hospital, the first of the community hospitals to achieve this and a huge source of pride for us. Any place can offer you a job; Houston Methodist Willowbrook will offer you a career, and a fulfilling professional journey.

Cons

I used to believe I was missing out on the "action" by working in a community hospital and not in the medical center. However, I firmly believe my hospital is just as capable of caring for the acute patient as any other area hospital. When my family or I need medical care, I come here. There really are no cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Please never stop offering the opportunities for growth we now enjoy. My career trajectory has skyrocketed since I began working here in 2006, and much of what I've been able to achieve is because of the support of the management and leadership here. I also appreciate the flexibility I enjoy from my current Director in making my own schedule and keeping my own hours - he trusts me to do my job and because of that, I try never to disappoint him.