They do not care about their staff. No support.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Northwest Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

LOTS of overtime available due to shortage of staff.

Cons

No employee appreciation. Low morale. Administration has the attitude of "It's our way, or else!" No employee input. Changes are made quickly without input or any well thought-out processing. Low pay. Understaffed 90 percent of the time and workload increases daily. Whatever the max staffing ratio is, it's always pushed to the max and even then may go over the recommended ratio. Very high turnover. Unsafe.

Consider needs of your employees. Make decisions after trying them out and researching. Show appreciation to your employees. Valuable staff will be likely to stay. Reduce workload of staff to reasonably safe levels.

Other Reviews for Houston Northwest Medical Center

Perfect

Current Employee - CRCST  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - CRCST in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Northwest Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

The process of having an interview to getting your physical and start date was fast

Cons

The company they use, hire right, is a pain in the you know what. They ask you for a document concerning your work history, you give it to them, and they still ask for more. Get a new background checking agency.

Just get rid of hire right!

A very enlightening and unique experience!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Northwest Medical Center

Pros

the hospital is very accessible, it's near where I live, and my co-workers are always ready to help and support the people around them.

Cons

They do not pay as much as the other hospitals in the area. We are understaffed half of the time. They cater to the doctors too much to the point where their own staff who want to stay on or who have been there for a long time end up getting frustrated and end up leaving.

There are newer employer reviews for Houston Northwest Medical Center.

Worked for Houston Northwest Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!