U of H Business Student

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Texas Consulting as an intern for more than a year

Pros

After tearing my quad during my sophomore year of collegiate softball I began focusing on my marketing career and began the interview process for a summer internship. With zero job experience I was worried that finding an internship with a company that could offer me experience and room for advancement would be difficult. I interviewed with many companies, majority of which offered positions that involved standing in retail stores, selling products residentially, and over the phone cold-calls, all of which were techniques that I was not interested in. However, after interviewing with Houston Texas Consulting, I knew that this was the company that I wanted to gain real life experience from.

As I went through the interview process I learned that I would have the ability to be cross-trained by one of the top account managers, learning different sales and marketing methods along with the ability to meet and consult with corporate businesses in the Houston area. Not only did I receive great compensation during my internship but I was also able to build strong relationships with fellow employees and the management team along with learning about the administrative side of the business.

At the end of the summer I was offered a position as a marketing administrator, and with the management’s willingness to work with both my school schedule and sorority schedule, being an employee at HTC has been a great introduction into the marketing and advertising industry. Since my employment at Houston Texas Consulting I have had the opportunity to travel with the company across Texas and Louisiana to attend work functions.

The experience and development that I have received during my employment at HTC has allowed me to love what I do while being a part of a successful and growing company.

Cons

I am not able to work full time due to school schedule.

Please keep up the strong communication with employees, and when does intramural softball begin??

Other Reviews for Houston Texas Consulting

Marketing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Texas Consulting full-time

Pros

1. Incredibly smart and talented employees.
    2. Streamlined and efficient development process.
    3. A lot of focus on R&D, but nearly everything you do does see the light of day. It's rewarding to see your work out in the real world.
    4. A wealth of industry knowledge
    5. Excellent culture, great work environment
    6. Room for incredible growth. The right team is in place.

Cons

There is a high level of competition and makes it fun

Don't change the culture. The company is a tremendously great place to work because of how management treats employees. The fact that no one has left the company in the entire time I've been a part of it is a testament to that. I've often said to other people, this company is the first company I've worked for that I believe truly values talent, and truly values their employees.

Performance Development Coordinator

Former Employee - Performance Development Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Performance Development Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Texas Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Build, direct, manage, and ensure implementation and effectiveness of the Performance Development System. Implement a performance management and improvement process that leads to positive and quality initiatives to ensure alignment and optimal use of campaign resources. Research and design appropriate organization-wide performance and quality training. Coordinate performance management and quality improvement capacity building for all levels of management and employees. Establish a continuous performance and quality improvement effort. Coordinate and prepare an organizational annual accountability report including economic, Return-on-Investment analysis and other impact reviews.

Participates in a national network of performance improvement professionals, sharing best practices, tools and materials while participating in ongoing communication activities and capacity-building peer exchanges. Other duties and projects as assigned.

Supervisory Duties: Supervise and mentor subordinate managers including the hiring process, training, work assignments, performance evaluations, development of career goals, and disciplinary action.

Fiscal Responsibility: Develop and manage the budget for the Performance Development and Quality Improvement Departments through sound fiscal measures.

Work Place Responsibility: Maintain a safe and healthy work place environment. The Development Coordinator ensures that all employees of the department receive appropriate training, counseling, and understand all of the applicable procedures so that they can safely do their assigned work.

Good bonus structure, Intelligent colleagues,Good benefits (after 90 days),Clean office, Good location, Upper Kirby, Growing Industry,Good if you enjoy working with people,Good learning experience of corporate business.

Cons

The nature of the work can be challenging, Extremely strict about attendance, Highly competitive growth opportunities,Managing and counseling many personalities

There are newer employer reviews for Houston Texas Consulting.

Worked for Houston Texas Consulting? Contribute to the Community!