Houston Texas Consulting

www.houstontexasconsulting.com

U of H Business Student

Marketing (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAfter tearing my quad during my sophomore year of collegiate softball I began focusing on my marketing career and began the interview process for a summer internship. With zero job experience I was worried that finding an internship with a company that could offer me experience and room for advancement would be difficult. I interviewed with many companies, majority of which offered positions that involved standing in retail stores, selling products residentially, and over the phone cold-calls, all of which were techniques that I was not interested in. However, after interviewing with Houston Texas Consulting, I knew that this was the company that I wanted to gain real life experience from.

As I went through the interview process I learned that I would have the ability to be cross-trained by one of the top account managers, learning different sales and marketing methods along with the ability to meet and consult with corporate businesses in the Houston area. Not only did I receive great compensation during my internship but I was also able to build strong relationships with fellow employees and the management team along with learning about the administrative side of the business.

At the end of the summer I was offered a position as a marketing administrator, and with the management’s willingness to work with both my school schedule and sorority schedule, being an employee at HTC has been a great introduction into the marketing and advertising industry. Since my employment at Houston Texas Consulting I have had the opportunity to travel with the company across Texas and Louisiana to attend work functions.

The experience and development that I have received during my employment at HTC has allowed me to love what I do while being a part of a successful and growing company.

ConsI am not able to work full time due to school schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep up the strong communication with employees, and when does intramural softball begin??

Marketing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Texas Consulting full-time

Pros: 1. Incredibly smart and talented employees. 2. Streamlined and efficient development process. 3. A lot of focus on R&D, but nearly everything you do does see the… Cons: There is a high level of competition and makes it… Advice to Senior Management: Don't change the culture. The company is a tremendously great place to work because of how management treats employees. The fact that no one has… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Performance Development Coordinator

Performance Development Coordinator (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Texas Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Build, direct, manage, and ensure implementation and effectiveness of the Performance Development System. Implement a performance management and improvement process that leads to positive… Cons: The nature of the work can be challenging, Extremely strict… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Houston Texas Consulting.

Worked for Houston Texas Consulting? Contribute to the Community!