Can't recommend working here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

-We definitely make the best power chairs on the market and it's nice to know a quality product is going out the door to our customers.

Cons

-Management has no interest in spending money on necessary infrastructure, especially in the area of technology -Stagnant working environment where progressivism isn't allowed to exist, let alone flourish. -CEO rules with somewhat of an iron fist and his subordinates are hamstringed in their efforts to implement change.

Advice to Management

-Take the advice of those people who have an understanding of their respective field: We're only trying to make Hoveround a better place to work and a more profitable company

Other Employee Reviews for Hoveround

1. Great Company

Former Employee - Intake in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Intake in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Hoveround full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hoveround is a strong organization, just a few of the pros are the people and culture, knowing that you are really making a difference in our client's lives. There is a strong work ethic and people genuinely care about their jobs and the end customer. Team members are positive and upbeat. There is a sense of pride as our monthly accomplishments will directly correlate to corporate success. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with this organization over the past 6 years and have seen first hand the opportunities that are available. I believe all organizations have their share of struggles and Hoveround is not exempt from those but they do strive to create a product that will change the lives of their customer and try to create an environment that supports employee engagement and growth.

Cons

Hoveround succeeds in an ever changing and rapidly moving industry, one must be able to adapt and change at a moment’s notice. This environment is exciting for most but not right for all. Consider your ability to adapt and overcome change prior to selecting Hoveround as your employer of choice.

Advice to Management

Continue to identify ways to challenge and engage your employees to strive for more. Dedicate more time to employee development and career pathing. Your employees will always be your strongest asset.

QA/UR

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Quality Assurance/Utilization Review Specialist in North Port, FL

I worked at Hoveround (Less than a year)

Pros

Very high employee turnover due to poor management every 6 to 7 months employee termination as they trainn new personel for lower wages

Cons

Utilization of my Medical Record Associates and billing experience

Advice to Management

CEO needs to become aware of employee turnover