Hoveround

Can't recommend working here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Hoveround

Pros

-We definitely make the best power chairs on the market and it's nice to know a quality product is going out the door to our customers.

Cons

-Management has no interest in spending money on necessary infrastructure, especially in the area of technology
-Stagnant working environment where progressivism isn't allowed to exist, let alone flourish.
-CEO rules with somewhat of an iron fist and his subordinates are hamstringed in their efforts to implement change.

-Take the advice of those people who have an understanding of their respective field: We're only trying to make Hoveround a better place to work and a more profitable company

16 Other Employee Reviews for Hoveround (View Most Recent)

Hoveround is a good place

I worked at Hoveround

Pros

Friendly workers, very good schedules

Cons

Sometimes confusion On what needs to be done first

RTS position

I have been working at Hoveround full-time

Pros

Good pay. Basically work by yourself(some locations have multiple RTS's). Very structured. Everything has a part number. Everything is organized and has it's place. You get to meet new people and help them with their needs.

Cons

The phone and laptop are your leash. There are multiple things that have to be done other than what one would think. If you are slow, you can handle everything that is required of you. If you are busy, there are not enough hours in a day to get everything done.(you do the best you can.....always inform your manager.) The parts department is not forthcoming with new part numbers. Multiple part numbers for same part. They keep adding things to your job to the point where you wonder how can anybody learn this stuff. Sales is becoming very prevalent for this job. Van has GPS tracker.

Manager is really good here. Other locations are not so lucky.

There are newer employer reviews for Hoveround