Howard County General Hospital
www.hcgh.org Columbia , MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Fantastic under the current President

Columbia, MD

ProsVery Friendly & Family-like atmosphere. Committed to Service and Excellent care. Vic encourages us to have our family members apply for jobs because he knows that makes the place stronger.

ConsIt can be hard to move to another dept. unless the job duty is the same.
Because it is a hospital - even admin staff cannot wear open toe shoes or perfume.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe President: Vic, is great and friendly and willing to hear anything -- plus he remembers all of our names! Some of the others -- the VP's, can be condesending and think only their opinions are valued and best. Can feel dismissive.

RN's are treated like trash

REG NURSE (Current Employee)
    Columbia, MD

I have been working at Howard County General Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Have never seen employees who work so hard. Nurses and PCT's are friendly, helpful. Great team work! Employees bend over backwards for… Cons: Poor salary, staffing short ALL the time compromising patient care and safety. If you decide to work here, be prepared to do the work… Advice to Senior Management: Work ONE day, (a full 13 hour day without breaks) on the floor alongside a PCT or RN. If you survive, you will understand… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Run away!!! This is an awful place to work, let alone bring your family members!!

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

I worked at Howard County General Hospital

Pros: It is affiliated with Johns Hopkins, but do not be… Cons: The skill-set of both doctors and nurses are extremely poor!! Advice to Senior Management: Focus on the safety of the patients and not turning… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Howard County General Hospital.

Worked for Howard County General Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Howard County General Hospital reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Howard County General Hospital employees.