Howard University Hospital

www.huhealthcare.com

Its not what you know, its who you know

Nurse (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsA historic institution that has a great legacy. There are educational oppurtunities for employees and benefits are decent. It is not as busy as some other hospitals, however this is probably due to its reputation.

ConsThe staff are difficult to work with mailnly due to complacency. Nobody is being held accountable for their actions and this affects patient care. Management uses blatant favoritism and they all have their "pets" that are given whatever they want and call in sick on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. But, if you are not a pick you cannot be more than 7 minutes late. The residents talk down to the nurses when they have not even finished school yet. They are given authority to write nurses up at every whim.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice. Management needs to be changed from the top down.

You would have to see it to believe it.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Howard University Hospital

Pros: There are ample advancement opportunities and you get to work… Cons: Lack of professionalism, incompetence of staff and dingy building. Advice to Senior Management: Stop sacrificing the future for the present No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

interesting

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Howard University Hospital

Pros: it was a job and I took it Cons: lack of accountability low salary no internal support More

There are newer reviews on Howard University Hospital.

Worked for Howard University Hospital? Contribute to the Community!