Howe Insurance Services

There are newer employer reviews for Howe Insurance Services

A tough sales gig

Current Employee - District Manager
Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ability to make a lot of money

Cons

Having to buy your own leads.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Howe Insurance Services (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity

Current Employee - Final Expense Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Final Expense Insurance Agent

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services

Pros

Great support from mentors. Actually go for ride alongs with highly successful people in the field. No experience necessary with many new people experiencing immediate high level of suucess. Very high level of office support , motivational sales calls, and a multitude of support materials.

Cons

1099 situation. Success level may be controlled by territory or part of the country. Must purchase leads. Contrarily these are non issues if earning the income of about 50% of independent contractors working for this company.

No real advice.

Help where and when you need it.

Current Employee - Sales in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Sales in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Howe Insurance Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pros:
      Rewarding work: The clients we meet and help really need our products. I never spend time trying to convince people they should buy something they don't want or need.
      Commission sales: There is no real ceiling on your income. You work your own schedule.
      Good companies to represent: The Howe's have done a great job finding excellent options for our clients. No matter a client's need, I feel there is something I can offer them, at a fair price and without worry that someone else will arrive the next day to replace it with something better. This has been consistent over the seven years I've been with the agency.
      Retirement: Ongoing commissions for previously sold life insurance provide long-term financial stability.
      Profit sharing: This also could be filed under "retirement", but I felt it deserved it's own paragraph. My profit sharing check each month this year is 1.5 times as large as the social security check I started collecting last September at age 66. The size of the profit sharing varies each year based on agency profits over the previous year. If you're a salesman you'll enjoy income from this very generous, unique offering from the Howe's. If you are a leader, or willing to learn how to become one, you can build your own agency through the Howe system and perhaps look forward to a very early retirement. My profit sharing will continue for more than 20 years after I quit working, perhaps many more than 20, living or not! What a wonderful legacy for your family!
      Education: I worked as a salesman, regional trainer and district sales manager for a company that billed itself as "the best direct sales company in the world" and spent another 12 years with a similar company selling education in clients homes to prospects and their families. Both used a system virtually identical to the one employed at HIS, and both offered excellent training, IF YOU WERE WILLING TO MAKE THE EFFORT to take advantage of it. The Howe's have taken the system to a very different level. Their on-going, involved training is the best I have experienced anywhere. I believe this is the single biggest reason you may hope to succeed in a supposedly very difficult industry. Again, the effort to take advantage of all that is offered is up to you.
      Character: I could spend all day here. I feel like I'm part of the Howe family and am honored to be able to say it. The Howe's offer training, significant cost reduction on leads (the core of the system), profit sharing and an honest, straight-forward answer to any question I have ever asked. In other words, they say they care and demonstrate it with action, how refreshing!

Cons

Cons: This is in-home sales work. Unless you're disciplined, willing to look at yourself critically, admit and correct mistakes, learn and grow, you cannot succeed in this business.
      This is time consuming and can be addictive. If you have family, they must understand the commitment you need to make to be successful and support you.

There are newer employer reviews for Howe Insurance Services