Huawei Technologies

www.huawei.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huawei Technologies

Quite informative, although a tad excruciating.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Huawei Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Knowledge sharing is the best practice.
Most people get an on-site experience within first one year or another half, which pays well.
Good communication channels throughout the company.
Highly evolved work culture.

Cons

Management is not efficient. Managers are almost entirely isolated from the intricacies of their respective projects. The bonus system is not good. Most importantly, no work-life balance. Too much statistical hotch-potch going on. Revenue increased by extensive cost-cutting by revising salary structures instead of increase in business.

Managers should not just prepare presentations on topics which have no bearing on the quality of project. They should actively participate in development. And too much analysis of efficiency of development process on their part takes up crucial time meant for actual development.

1121 Other Employee Reviews for Huawei Technologies (View Most Recent)

Interesting

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Huawei Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Exposure to some high level projects in high level customers. Some superstar employees, but VERY few.

Pay was good, to begin with expenses had no limit.

Cons

Huawei corporate culture is atrocious. Never have I experienced people in such denial. The 'Chinese' way is the only way in their opinion. From what I can gather, Huawei culture is very different from Chinese culture as a whole. Huawei persecute their Chinese staff, and ignore their local staff. The only reason I was there was because I had round eyes and had worked for Cisco.

Zero development or promotional opportunities for local staff.

Numerous embarrassing situations where Huawei failed to deliver, and I ended up carrying the can. Working here is harmed my reputation. Have seen SO many people come and go. 'Local' employee turnover is very high, most within 18 months.

Huawei is losing money hand over fist in developing markets because they have no value proposition, and sell purely on price. Fine, if you can deliver and support. They cannot.

Give up.

its great company to learn but not any value to the employee..

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Huawei Technologies as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

you will learn many thing

Cons

they are taking more work by giving same money, and also they are taking less time to complete project.

not that much