Huawei Technologies
www.huawei.com Shenzhen, China 5000+ Employees

needs to adapt locally

Training Pre-Sales Coordinator (Former Employee)
Basingstoke, England (UK)

I worked at Huawei Technologies

ProsAs a European, it was an eye-opening experience into the Chinese Business model and culture. My work colleagues were very good people, highly skilled and educated.

ConsSeemed unwilling to take on change and adapt to meet market conditions. I often found that some of my ex-pat colleagues seemed unwilling to innovate and improve when the option for referring to HQ was available, which often reduced efficiency and left matters to established processes. I sometimes found that a favourable attention was garnered by the Chinese ex-pat staff sent from HQ, at the expense of local staff, and turnover was high.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your local staff on occassion, discuss and review, if the company were to adapt its strong Chinese origins and core working practices and combine them with local business models it could be stronger in the marketplace.

Stay away! Huawei has a long, long way to go.......

Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at Huawei Technologies

Pros: Some staff care about company, but not many. Cons: Very heavy (more than 85%) chinese staff presence with ALL senior positions for chinese only. Token titles and positions with no power of influence occasionally… Advice to Senior Management: Work VERY hard to globalise the company or you will be left… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Huawei a global player

Solutions Manager (Current Employee)
Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

I have been working at Huawei Technologies

Pros: There are 2 reason why it is best working in Huawei. The first one is the remuneration package. They usually pay higher than standard thus… Cons: Every company have their downsides as well. For Huawei, one of them is they really work you to the bone. Although they are paying you… Advice to Senior Management: Please improve the company cultural different fast. Huawei are going fast and strong to conquer the global market yet the communication and cultural problem is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Huawei Technologies.

Worked for Huawei Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Huawei Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Huawei Technologies CEO Ren Zhengfei. All reviews posted anonymously by Huawei Technologies employees.