Hub Group provided me with a variety of challenging and exciting projects.

I worked at Hub Group

Pros

Hub Group is a very stable company. Upper management has been with the company for a long time and cares very much about the company's continued success. Upper management is very proud of the company's work and wants to see the company grow.

Cons

If you are looking for a young, fun-loving work culture, Hub Group is not the place for you. As a major player in the transportation logistics industry, the corporate culture is somewhat reserved and conservative.

Provide employees with more feedback and opportunities to try different types of projects. Provide employees with a greater sense of responsibility.

Other Reviews for Hub Group

Good People, Poor Opportunites

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Hub Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Departments worked well together and the staff was nice. I also had the opportunity to attend internal and external training sessions which was good.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities - promotions were often based on who you knew versus candidate qualifications which was frustrating. Salaries were not in line with job responsibilities and benefits could have been better. And although the people I worked with were very nice, the company itself did not do much to promote more of a company pride and involvement.

Seek to level the salaries in accordance with the positions, offer better benefits and work towards creating more company pride. Overall this is a good company, but morale was not always the best.

Unorganized and political.. And no training!

Former Employee - Load Planner
    Former Employee - Load Planner

I worked at Hub Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Currently a load planner in the corporate office. I like my supervisor and coworkers, all are hard working and all aligned with what our company goals and iniatives. Pay is decent given the but below average considering the drama and workload experienced.

Cons

Luckily I came in with experience in the logistics industry. There is zero training, especially with the computer systems. Customer Operations doesn't like to work with you to solve problems, but rather go "tell on you" to the higher ups to try and force your hand and sacrifice the service of other customers in order to be a "yes man" to the ones they are reporting to. Also, while customer teams work a "strict" schedule, I am often stuck later after hours solving the own problems I reach out to Customer Operations for assistance on multiple times with zero response.

Make "customer operations coordinators" accountable for what they are being paid to do and do their part (they are being paid with company money afterall). They like to preach accountability but never exercise it. They need to be involved in problem resolution, it is in the job description.

There are newer employer reviews for Hub Group.

Worked for Hub Group? Contribute to the Community!