There are newer employer reviews for Hubbard Group

Laborer

I worked at Hubbard Group

Pros

It's a job. About the same as any construction job.

Cons

It's construction, so the work is hard. About the same as any other construction company.

Nothing really...

6 Other Employee Reviews for Hubbard Group (View Most Recent)

Carpenter

Current Employee - Bridge Carpenter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Bridge Carpenter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Hubbard Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Corporate benefits and paid holidays. Flexible variable schedule

Cons

Pay needs to be higher.

More employee training and wellness

Some great management but at local level only

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hubbard Group

Pros

Good field and local office management for the most part. Salaries in line with most others in field, Acceptable if not great benefit packages , Company provided take home vehicles and a gas card for most supervisory positions. Job completion and other bonuses. Yearly events at Universal , Disney , etc.

Cons

Long hours , which is to be expected in construction but when you are salaried and putting in 70 hrs or so a week it gets to be a bit much. that doesn't happen all the time but during my last 2 years with the company it became routine.

Hubbard used to be a great place to work . they treated employees as family and if you worked hard and performed well you could look forward to a rewarding career and retirement.

Then they were purchased by Eurovia Vinci , headquartered in France. Now bottom line is king and all decisions come from France and the lackeys they have placed in upper management here.

Loyalty to the company means nothing now and employees who had upwards of 20 years or more time in with the company were laid off.

In France it cost more to terminate an employee due to the laws governing compensation and retraining than it does to park them at a desk and pay them for doing nothing.
    Here in the states it must be a field day for them . Especially in right-to-work states where employees can be terminated with no notice and little or no reason.

I was laid off because they were able subcontract out my job and save a little money. This is after years of turning down offers from competing firms at a higher wage because I was loyal to the company and wanted to finish my career there. Now the economy is in the toilet and I cannot find anything in my area.

The local management with a few exceptions are great. they care about the employees and do a great job at motivating and supporting the supervisors and other employees.

Upper management ..how about giving a little respect and consideration to us hard working Americans , especially those that have put in long hours , gone without seeing our families , and doing whatever it took to complete the job at hand no matter how adverse the conditions were.

There are newer employer reviews for Hubbard Group