Hubbell
www.hubbell.com Shelton, CT 5000+ Employees

It has reached the point of diminishing return.

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee)
Centralia, MO

I worked at Hubbell

ProsWell know brands in it's market. Benefits are as good as most corporations offer.

ConsOutsourcing even when it is not cost effective. Little to no training. Quarterly games with materials and production to reach quarterly inventory levels. Little to no capital investment. Continued downsizing redistributes the workload to remaining workers, severely effecting their quality of work, the quantity of hours worked, increasing stress levels which result in health issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that Management take a long-term view of the health of the company and invest in it's greatest assets - it's employees. It's difficult to be unbiased towards the executives that consider it's employees so easily disposable.

Hubbell, where your parents worked

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hubbell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Stability, relaxed work environment, low stress Cons: You'll probably be the only one motivated to work if you are a new hire, management… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate culture seems to be more important than results, the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I enjoyed it very much. I felt so confident that I moved my family from the west coast to the west coast. No regrets.

Safety & Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee)
Palatka, FL

I worked at Hubbell full-time

Pros: This is a company that stands behind the product 100%. Cons: Company had to downsize in certain networks which I was… Advice to Senior Management: Please speak to those persons who built the company and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hubbell.

Worked for Hubbell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hubbell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hubbell CEO Tim Powers. All reviews posted anonymously by Hubbell employees.