Hubspot

www.hubspot.com

We are now building world-class web applications at scale

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros- Working with dozens of other smart, motivated producers.
- There is a diverse mix of talent and experience on the dev team - there are some legit front end engineers and designers, a handful of experienced people who have built serious systems before, and many young engineers who are learning as we go.
- Plenty of opportunities to grow, own major projects, and solve hard problems (we have technical challenges that very few web companies ever even see)
- Exposure to startup culture, decisions, and growth stages of a business - there are tons of opportunities to learn lessons from guest lecturers and some of HubSpot's own.
- Management has bet the business on reinvigorating and building a successful product company - they cleaned house and are behind product and engineering 100% (it's very exciting)

Cons- High expectations and not a lot of formal process or training programs in place for developers.
- Developers must be prepared to move fast and learn by themselves.
- The company is still transitioning, so there are some older legacy projects that have yet to be replaced and the rest of the company is still learning about the new products.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going forward and raising the bar. Make HubSpot known for its products and technical chops - so that bright engineers see it as a place to go to build amazing things.

Working at HubSpot = Game Changer

I have been working at Hubspot

Pros: 1. I am never bored 2. I work with a team of the smartest… Cons: We work a lot of hours, it's no joke. It's also no joke to become the 2nd fastest growing software company in the country and… Advice to Senior Management: Let's just keep what we are doing. Only something good will happen. Please… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best place I've ever worked

I have been working at Hubspot

Pros: We were named the best company to work for by the Boston Business Journal for a reason...it is… Cons: The pay seems to be at market or even slightly… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hubspot.

Worked for Hubspot? Contribute to the Community!