Hubspot

www.hubspot.com

We are now building world-class web applications at scale

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

- Working with dozens of other smart, motivated producers.
- There is a diverse mix of talent and experience on the dev team - there are some legit front end engineers and designers, a handful of experienced people who have built serious systems before, and many young engineers who are learning as we go.
- Plenty of opportunities to grow, own major projects, and solve hard problems (we have technical challenges that very few web companies ever even see)
- Exposure to startup culture, decisions, and growth stages of a business - there are tons of opportunities to learn lessons from guest lecturers and some of HubSpot's own.
- Management has bet the business on reinvigorating and building a successful product company - they cleaned house and are behind product and engineering 100% (it's very exciting)

Cons

- High expectations and not a lot of formal process or training programs in place for developers.
- Developers must be prepared to move fast and learn by themselves.
- The company is still transitioning, so there are some older legacy projects that have yet to be replaced and the rest of the company is still learning about the new products.

Keep going forward and raising the bar. Make HubSpot known for its products and technical chops - so that bright engineers see it as a place to go to build amazing things.

Other reviews for Hubspot

Working at HubSpot = Game Changer

Pros

1. I am never bored
    2. I work with a team of the smartest people I have ever met. I have a master’s degree from a fancy college, have traveled the world, and I can’t hold a candle to most of these people
    3. My managers are always there when I need them… even managers that AREN’T my manager will always help me
    4. I make great money when I crush my numbers
    5. I have an extraordinary amount of personal freedom when I crush my numbers
    6. Everyone at HubSpot is passionate about SOMETHING
    7. I am appreciated for being the quirky self that makes me ME, and I get paid for it
    8. When a process or system is broken, there is ALWAYS someone to come up with a better idea or just fix the problem
    9. I have made friendships and business relationships that will last a life time
    10. I get paid to think outside of the box as well as follow direction
    11. Every day I see something created by HubSpot engineers, sales peeps, marketing peeps, support folks and consultants that blows my mind
    12. It is a scientific, MIT engineered certainty that something awesome will happen in my life because I have worked for HubSpot

Cons

We work a lot of hours, it's no joke. It's also no joke to become the 2nd fastest growing software company in the country and we are all proud of it. You don't get there by laying back. If anything, the intensity can get tiring, but.. when you get too tired because you work like mad guess what happens.... YOU GET TO TAKE A VACATION.

When I see negative reviews on here about HubSpot, I kind of just want to shake the people that wrote them. Maybe I have had bad luck prior to HubSpot with difficult/unhappy jobs... but I don't think that's the case. I am a very grateful person. HubSpot isn't perfect, no job is. But, I always have the option of fixing anything that isn't perfect and am prided for doing so and in fact encouraged.

Let's just keep what we are doing. Only something good will happen. Please make sure GREAT cultural fit employees are kept around as well as hired.

Best place I've ever worked

Pros

We were named the best company to work for by the Boston Business Journal for a reason...it is a great place to work. Very compelling vision for what we are trying to build. Great comrades.

Cons

The pay seems to be at market or even slightly below market.

There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot.

Worked for Hubspot? Contribute to the Community!