Hubspot

www.hubspot.com
  www.hubspot.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot

Best place to work

Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist | Account Executive in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tons of career growth opportunities - both vertically and horizontally, awesome culture, driven company moving that is transparent with it's employees

Cons

As it becomes a larger company internal politics and red tape can get in the way

Keep staying transparent and the open door policy - I've never been so comfortable approaching a management team with ideas or concerns

117 Other Employee Reviews for Hubspot (View Most Recent)

Fast growing company full of Smart, Focused, Hard Working Marketers

Former Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist | Account Executive in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Hubspot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Surrounded by smart people. most of whom are down to earth. There are a few jerks, but for the most part 95% of the people there are good folks.

Cons

-No work life balance as a sales rep (IMS), even though the company touts the "unlimited vacation policy". This perk is not reality for sales rep who are faced with monthly sales quotas.
    -They also promote superstar sales reps into sales management too quickly, many of whom have no management experience, which can lead to disaster

Keep your foot on the gas, as I know you will. Be careful who you place into management role, more management training is required.

Amazing place to grow professionally and have fun while doing so

Former Employee - Too Many to List in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Too Many to List in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Hubspot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I learned a TON at HubSpot. In fact, my time at HubSpot launched my career. The executive team is very approachable, willing to listen, and offer advice. Management in general is very transparant and willing to share the reasoning behind their strategies and solicit feedback. So just in my day-to-day activity I was learning through my interactions with management.

It's kind of like an Ivy league school where you really do get out of it what you put into it. If you want to show up and do your job and that's it, that's fine and it will look good on your resume. But if you want to get involved, solve challenges, work on cross departmental projects, and really grow professionally, then your options are nearly unlimited. I know many people who joined HubSpot at an entry level position and very quickly picked up additional responsibilities and grew into a management role (which means they like to promote from within, so that's another huge plus).

Aside from the above, HubSpot has a great culture, cool people to work with (in fact I'm still very good friends with numerous people at HubSpot), and every day was fun and exciting. It's one of the few jobs where I looked forward to waking up and coming into work.

You may be asking why I left if it was so awesome? It was simply because another company made an offer I couldn't refuse (it was basically my dream job). I was definitely reluctant to leave HubSpot and sad when I did.

Cons

Honestly, HubSpot isn't for everyone. If you're looking for a 9-5 job just to pay the bills, you probably wont be happy at HubSpot. If instead you're looking to grow your career, learn alot, and aren't afraid to put in some real work, you wont regret your decision.

There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot