There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot

Work hard and play hard at its finest

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You're surrounded by incredibly smart, visionary, level headed, and receptive people. I've never been a part of such a constructive team and had management that does such a great job at supporting you but letting you do your job on your own.

Cons

Growing at such a rapid pace that of course you come across some growing pains. Luckily though, the company is so dynamic that we're constantly changing to lessen this as much as possible.

116 Other Employee Reviews for Hubspot (View Most Recent)

Great software engineering internship

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

HubSpot has an awesome engineering culture. I was lucky to get an internship there and I'm enjoying it very much. The developers are very empowered and have good morale.

Cons

I sometimes feel like HubSpot is not solving an important problem. As an engineer, I would like to be helping improve the world through technology, and slick internet marketing is not exactly making the world a better place.

Put more time into "management" activities. Onboarding, employee reviews, organization charts, etc.

Incredible opportunity to work with smart, passionate people and have an impact

Current Employee - Marketing in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time

Pros

HubSpot has the most amazing group of people I could ask to work with - across all departments, from interns to executives. Everyone works incredibly hard, is excited to come into work every day, and is constantly pushing themselves and the company to the next step. I've learned so much from the people here and it's one of the main reasons I've stayed at the company.

On top of that, the culture is fantastic - from the transparency to the flat meritocracy to the fun events. Plus the company truly has an exciting mission and gives employees crazy goals and the freedom to figure out how to achieve them.

For any challenges we face - whether it's our aggressive growth goals or internal growing pains - employees are truly in control of our fate. Everyone's ideas are heard and encouraged, and it feels like it's up to us to create this awesome company.

Cons

HubSpot does have a very intense culture. The goals are aggressive and everyone is very ambitious. It's easy to get burnt out, but the company does encourage vacations and taking breaks and offers a flexible working environment. In addition, the company didn't have a lot of experience among its leadership regarding management or other more traditional skills. Thankfully, we're investing a lot in such team development initiatives and we can already see progress in that area.

Don't get too removed from the front lines as we grow. It's fantastic that everyone is empowered to make decisions, but we sometimes need strong executive leadership. And, when you do make any whole-company-affecting decisions, take input from the front line employees to make sure you're in tune with what's going on.

There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot