There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot

Work hard and play hard at its finest

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're surrounded by incredibly smart, visionary, level headed, and receptive people. I've never been a part of such a constructive team and had management that does such a great job at supporting you but letting you do your job on your own.

Cons

Growing at such a rapid pace that of course you come across some growing pains. Luckily though, the company is so dynamic that we're constantly changing to lessen this as much as possible.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great software engineering internship

Current Intern - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Intern - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

HubSpot has an awesome engineering culture. I was lucky to get an internship there and I'm enjoying it very much. The developers are very empowered and have good morale.

Cons

I sometimes feel like HubSpot is not solving an important problem. As an engineer, I would like to be helping improve the world through technology, and slick internet marketing is not exactly making the world a better place.

Advice to Management

Put more time into "management" activities. Onboarding, employee reviews, organization charts, etc.

Make a dent in the universe

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HubSpot is a high performing organization that is building something big that will transform how people market their businesses. Management gives folks as much responsibility and autonomy as they can handle. It's an extremely transparent place and everyone on the executive team is accessible. There are also tons of opportunities to have fun here with your coworkers through organized dinners, events, or speakers.

Cons

HubSpot demands a lot of its employees. It's not a place for people who are not passionate about the mission and developing their craft. It is also a very unstructured place, so it may be difficult for folks who are looking for a lot of guidance and process.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in culture while scaling the organization. Focus on maintaining the transparency and communication practices that got you where you are today.