There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot

Work hard and play hard at its finest

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time for more than a year

Pros

You're surrounded by incredibly smart, visionary, level headed, and receptive people. I've never been a part of such a constructive team and had management that does such a great job at supporting you but letting you do your job on your own.

Cons

Growing at such a rapid pace that of course you come across some growing pains. Luckily though, the company is so dynamic that we're constantly changing to lessen this as much as possible.

112 Other Employee Reviews for Hubspot (View Most Recent)

Either Drink the Kool-Aid or You're Out

Former Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist | Account Executive  in  Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist | Account Executive in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Hubspot full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Company is going public soon, and not afraid to let people know
    -Equity in pre-public company
    -Free food/beer
    -Smart people
    -Innovative product
    -Can be lucrative if you hit quota
    -Looks good on a resume
    -Learn a lot about inbound marketing

Cons

-Zero work/life balance
    -If you don't drink the kool-aid and live/sleep/breathe HubSpot, you'll be out very soon
    -Very high turnover
    -Morale in sales is very low
    -Very long hours (8-7 and bring 1-2 hours of work home every night)
    -Unlimited vacation = no vacation for sales people
    -Quotas are not regularly attainable
    -People who do drink the kool-aid think HubSpot is the end-all be-all of marketing
    -Not a place for someone with kids and/or family life

Take a step back, look in the mirror, and figure out why you are losing so many talented people. The company is definitely going places if you do it right, but right now, it doesn't seem like you are. I started with 20+ people and over half my training class is gone inside of a year. Give people a chance to succeed, and make people feel good about coming to work. People understand it's a start-up and they are going to work long hours, but no work/life balance is what's making people look elsewhere. Also, since leaving, I've spoken to a lot of people in the Boston area who agree that HubSpot is losing it's luster in terms of being a highly desirable place to work.

Great software engineering internship

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot as an intern for less than a year

Pros

HubSpot has an awesome engineering culture. I was lucky to get an internship there and I'm enjoying it very much. The developers are very empowered and have good morale.

Cons

I sometimes feel like HubSpot is not solving an important problem. As an engineer, I would like to be helping improve the world through technology, and slick internet marketing is not exactly making the world a better place.

Put more time into "management" activities. Onboarding, employee reviews, organization charts, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot

Worked for Hubspot? Contribute to the Community!