There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot

Incredible opportunity to work with smart, passionate people and have an impact

Current Employee - Marketing in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Marketing in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time

Pros

HubSpot has the most amazing group of people I could ask to work with - across all departments, from interns to executives. Everyone works incredibly hard, is excited to come into work every day, and is constantly pushing themselves and the company to the next step. I've learned so much from the people here and it's one of the main reasons I've stayed at the company. On top of that, the culture is fantastic - from the transparency to the flat meritocracy to the fun events. Plus the company truly has an exciting mission and gives employees crazy goals and the freedom to figure out how to achieve them. For any challenges we face - whether it's our aggressive growth goals or internal growing pains - employees are truly in control of our fate. Everyone's ideas are heard and encouraged, and it feels like it's up to us to create this awesome company.

Cons

HubSpot does have a very intense culture. The goals are aggressive and everyone is very ambitious. It's easy to get burnt out, but the company does encourage vacations and taking breaks and offers a flexible working environment. In addition, the company didn't have a lot of experience among its leadership regarding management or other more traditional skills. Thankfully, we're investing a lot in such team development initiatives and we can already see progress in that area.

Advice to Management

Don't get too removed from the front lines as we grow. It's fantastic that everyone is empowered to make decisions, but we sometimes need strong executive leadership. And, when you do make any whole-company-affecting decisions, take input from the front line employees to make sure you're in tune with what's going on.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Principal II - Inbound Marketing Specialist

Current Employee - Principal II Inbound Marketing Specialist/Experienced Account Executive

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone is super nice to work with at HubSpot. The culture is insanely fun. You can wear whatever you want, take as much time off as you want as long as you do your job and everyone is there to help. You have plenty of opportunity to grow your career. They have a very competitive compensation plan so I am super happy with that.

Cons

I really can't think of any. I love working for the company.

Advice to Management

Continue growing the product and making it easy to use for the customer and we will win. Go public too :)

2. Great place to work if expectations are properly set

Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist | Account Executive in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are amazing Company has a real genuine mission Desire and actively working towards a game-changing culture Real-life, actual transparency. Not 'we're transparent' with no follow-through like many other companies Fast-paced and changes direction quickly Any negative is openly discussed and worked to improve Product works and internal thought-leadership is second-to-none

Cons

Sales compensation and the way commissions are paid are misleading and less than anticipated until reps are very tenured and have sizable install-bases Quota increases / compensation-decreases the month after the best sales year of all time

Advice to Management

I'm a happy employee, enjoy my job, enjoy going into work, and have never had a better job...but being a sales rep and consistently hitting your numbers is difficult (that's fine, it should be challenging) and the compensation is not what I would expect for a company like HubSpot. That being said, this could be changed with better expectation-setting during the hiring process as vague and ever-changing things like 'OTE' should be explained more so there is not a bait-and-switch feeling when you see more details on how deals are paid out.