There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot

The best place I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, employees are treated like adults, fantastic career opportunities, outstanding people, transparent leadership, unbelievable business growth, the opportunity to take ownership really make an impact on the company, no jerks. HubSpot really is the best place I've ever worked.

Cons

Longer hours, hard work, no easy jobs. Working at HubSpot is not for everyone. There's nothing wrong with anyone who wants to work 9-5, and not think about their job outside of work hours. Or anyone who wants to have a list of tasks given to them that they can check off. But HubSpot is not that place. We have a big mission and people work hard (I admit, sometimes too hard). There are no easy jobs at HubSpot. You come in, you're given a big challenge, and you're expected to take ownership of your part of the success of the business.

Advice to Management

DFIU. You guys have built something really incredible, let's keep it that way.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I cannot say enough good things about HubSpot - I drink the kool-aid and I am proud of it.

Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist | Account Executive
    Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist | Account Executive

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an Inbound Marketing Specialist, I appreciate the clear standards and structure within our sales organization. I know exactly what is expected of me, and in return I understand exactly what I need to do to get to the next level. I have worked in a number of quota bearing sales roles in the past; it is a breathe of fresh air to be part of the HubSpot sales team. I feel like not only am I contributing, but also my colleagues around me, they are contributing. Everyone works hard. Personally, this is an extremely motivating work environment - to know that "I'm not the only one" giving it 110%.

Cons

While it is great to promote from within, I wish there was more clarity & visibility into internal promotions - understanding the root cause for these promotions - more than just the normal highlights, a couple examples & top accomplishments of an individual, but the real "why" behind the promotion. I think more transparency around internal promotions would soften rumors of 'favoritism' and 'promotions based on who you know, who likes you'.

Advice to Management

Lean In, harder.

2. Work Hard | Play Hard - Great place to learn and innovate - best job of my career!

Current Employee - Principal II Inbound Marketing Specialist/Experienced Account Executive in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with people that want to innovate every day - fresh ideas and strong players Lots of beer Contribution/participation/feedback is strongly encouraged and rewarded More beer Opportunity to grow into anything you want if you add value to the product or service offering

Cons

Hard work is the name of the game here - I could work 24x7 and still not be through it all Accomplishments are not often recognized in this hectic environment Expectations for performance are high and you need to ramp quickly to be successful

Advice to Management

Listen more to the great ideas that we all have to offer!