There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot

Great software engineering internship

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot as an intern for less than a year

Pros

HubSpot has an awesome engineering culture. I was lucky to get an internship there and I'm enjoying it very much. The developers are very empowered and have good morale.

Cons

I sometimes feel like HubSpot is not solving an important problem. As an engineer, I would like to be helping improve the world through technology, and slick internet marketing is not exactly making the world a better place.

Put more time into "management" activities. Onboarding, employee reviews, organization charts, etc.

113 Other Employee Reviews for Hubspot (View Most Recent)

Dynamic and changing company with challenges and opportunities everywhere...

Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist | Account Executive  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist | Account Executive in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Low level of bureaucracy
    Very flat organization where you can meet easily with anyone
    Good perks, and casual work atmosphere
    Transparency everywhere - information is almost always shared via the wiki, very different from my last work environments
    Metrics driven for sales, and promotions are based on set criteria, not politics or favoritism
    Investing in better and better office/working environment

Cons

Disconnect between some of the divisions, and lack of communication has caused tension
    Executive leadership tries very hard, but still a pretty glaring disconnect between what is happening "on the ground" vs. what their ideal might be
    Growing pains of becoming a bigger organization are widely evident, as office space is lacking

Continue to go down the path of more communication, and always explain the "why" behind decisions. Sometimes there appears to be a lack of clarity as to why decisions are made, which can inadvertently pit divisions against one another, ultimately working against the singular vision.

Incredible opportunity to work with smart, passionate people and have an impact

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Hubspot full-time

Pros

HubSpot has the most amazing group of people I could ask to work with - across all departments, from interns to executives. Everyone works incredibly hard, is excited to come into work every day, and is constantly pushing themselves and the company to the next step. I've learned so much from the people here and it's one of the main reasons I've stayed at the company.

On top of that, the culture is fantastic - from the transparency to the flat meritocracy to the fun events. Plus the company truly has an exciting mission and gives employees crazy goals and the freedom to figure out how to achieve them.

For any challenges we face - whether it's our aggressive growth goals or internal growing pains - employees are truly in control of our fate. Everyone's ideas are heard and encouraged, and it feels like it's up to us to create this awesome company.

Cons

HubSpot does have a very intense culture. The goals are aggressive and everyone is very ambitious. It's easy to get burnt out, but the company does encourage vacations and taking breaks and offers a flexible working environment. In addition, the company didn't have a lot of experience among its leadership regarding management or other more traditional skills. Thankfully, we're investing a lot in such team development initiatives and we can already see progress in that area.

Don't get too removed from the front lines as we grow. It's fantastic that everyone is empowered to make decisions, but we sometimes need strong executive leadership. And, when you do make any whole-company-affecting decisions, take input from the front line employees to make sure you're in tune with what's going on.

There are newer employer reviews for Hubspot

Worked for Hubspot? Contribute to the Community!