Huddle House

www.huddlehouse.com

Too much for too little

Former Employee - Server  in  Cochran, GA
Former Employee - Server in Cochran, GA

Pros

Working at this place gives you an easy way to make a little money. It's easy to get hired if they have an opening. (Sometimes they dont because they actually have people who stay at this place for life, I guess because they lack ambition for anything that isn't trashy.) And, its actually difficult to get yourself fired. Short of "no call no show" and stealing from the register, anything else you do that is wrong will just receive a "slap on the hand."

Cons

They suck out all your life, want all of your time, never give raises, never give time off, and there is way too much drama! They rehire people that they have fired for things like stealing, sexual harassment, etc and then wonder why they have such a hard tme getting the place to operate smoothly.

Hired people that actually give a crap about their jobs, so that your place doesn't suck. And then pay them what they are worth.

Other reviews for Huddle House

Only if you absolutely have to.

Former Employee - Server  in  Savannah, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Savannah, TN

Pros

It's a job.
    You always meet new and interesting people.
    If you work nights, at least you won't be disturbed often.

Cons

The management was rubbish and didn't care about their employees, the pay was the bare minimum allowed by law, the store owners were so concerned about keeping food costs down that popular menu items were allowed to run out. I could continue on for days about how bad it was.

Listen to your employees, don't treat them like they're expendable and actually spend money on the essentials.

Working for the franchise I worked for last was different than any other franchise I had worked for before.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Manager in Greenville, SC

Pros

I enjoyed working with my employees, the customer made my day everyday. You have regulars that come in and you look forward to seeing them and your talk with them everyday.
    I always trained all my employees, just to make sure they was always giving great customer service.

Cons

I found that with this franchise that being a manager you have to totally deal with whatever goings wrong in the store. You learn a lot of problem solving skills that if you didn't have when you started you would have to learn before you left.

I think this franchise should make the upper management help their managers more. I know as a manager for this franchise i worked sometimes 60 to 70 hours a week and was salary for only 50. Now i understand that some times these things are a necessitates, but when you lose your crew because the company cuts everyone's hours back to 28 a week and you have to work to keep store open. I worked 27 hours straight and could no longer continue to work I called my District to relieve me cause i didn't have another high volume cook for that Saturday morning. He told me to work it out, with working it out the only cook i had was not one that could cook a Saturday morning but at that time neither could I. After being home two hours I got a phone call from my District telling to get to my store now there was a problem. The problem was the cook was behind and He wouldn't not help. He told me if he had to fix it what did he need me for. So my advice to this franchise take a good look at your upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for Huddle House.

Worked for Huddle House? Contribute to the Community!