Huddle

www.huddle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huddle

Amazing place

I have been working at Huddle (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, fantastic teams and a solid product that is making huge waves in the industry. Sales are going through the roof with lots of big deals. Senior Management are all perfect in their roles and the company is still hiring to fuel strong growth plans.

Cons

3 global offices makes it more of a challenge to communicate wiwth colleagues, but with new video conferencing technology this is becoming easier.

Keep up the great work!

37 Other Employee Reviews for Huddle (View Most Recent)

Massive learning experience, smart and friendly people, fantastic environment, great perks.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huddle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love this company. I joined four years ago, straight out of University. I turned down opportunities at large engineering and technology companies and bet on this a growing British startup with a pair of charismatic co-founders. It was a good decision.

They have really looked after me:
    - The company has tripled in head count since I joined, and 6x since I first met Alastair.
    - I've worked in many roles across the business
    - I've been consistently rewarded and recognised for good work
    - I have a great line manager, who's given me sufficient autonomy and purpose to get things done while offering enough advice to prevent me cocking anything up (to badly).
    - I've enjoyed perks like share options, the Huddle Cuddle (a lifestyle bonus), free Huddle lunch on Wednesday, Huddle breakfast every day, travel to San Fransisco for work, health insurance and dental, half price gym membership, free cinema tickets, and a decent amount of holiday.
    - Socials are great too - we have one for the whole company every quarter - Huddleween is next up, then the Christmas party. We also go out for drinks and food on the company every time we have a major release - i.e. monthly.
    - You're celebrated every year with a "huddle birthday", providing extra perks depending on the time you've been at Huddle. This year I received £300 of amazon vouchers.
    - The senior management are available and approachable. I have learned from all of them, past and present.

We hire smart people, who are friendly. This means you'll be challenged, but not intimidated.

Cons

It's a startup who occasionally has got to obsessed with big company stuff. Things that are eventually important, but can stifle startup people from doing great work. This comes in waves, but eventually people realise and ditch crappy process.

Internal politics can mean it takes a while to fix a bad decision. Particularly when it's about people not product. I assume this is normal but I've not worked elsewhere for very long.

It's a small company, so generally it has to grow for you to get promoted into a management position. Luckily it's growing fast.

You can work very hard (and late) here, and might even love doing so. Particularly if you are regularly talking to the San Fransisco and DC offices.

I give my views in confidence. I think we have the right people on the job.

Best company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Senior Developer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huddle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Product Engineering team is smart and overall outstanding, with very strong collaboration between product design, UX, development, testing, and tech ops. Everyone is very friendly and has a sincere desire to produce the best product possible. Developers are given a lot of opportunities to develop their skills and interests. Huddle gives developers 2 days every 2 weeks to work on whatever they want - be it learning a new technology/language or working on a side project or product feature that interests them. It also has a yearly "Hackathon" where cross disciplinary teams compete to develop something innovative and exciting over 3 days. These things show that Huddle understands the importance of fostering the personal development and creativity of its Product Engineering team. Benefits, salaries, and promotion opportunities are excellent. Overall, Huddle has been the best company I've ever worked for (and I've worked for lots). My only regret is that I had to leave my job because I am moving overseas!

Cons

There is somewhat of a cultural divide between the company's Product Engineering and Sales teams - sometimes it felt like 2 different companies operating out of the same office.

There are newer employer reviews for Huddle