Amazing place

I have been working at Huddle (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, fantastic teams and a solid product that is making huge waves in the industry. Sales are going through the roof with lots of big deals. Senior Management are all perfect in their roles and the company is still hiring to fuel strong growth plans.

Cons

3 global offices makes it more of a challenge to communicate wiwth colleagues, but with new video conferencing technology this is becoming easier.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not as bad as some reviews

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are fantastic, you get a real sense of team from some parts of the company. Although many are quite early in their career, they do want to be a part of something great, innovative and new. The product has improved greatly, much effort and resource has been put into making the back-end systems and code ready for quicker adoption of new functionality and improving overall response times. We have had some departures of recent but with the new changes in structure there is a sense of positive change. There are some exceptionally career-minded individuals in Huddle, but they are everywhere, there are a right and a wrong way to handle them in a professional manner. I have always found that those of experience, talent and tenacity are always listened to. I have worked in a lot of different verticals and a lot of different sized companies, this is one of the best I've ever worked in.

Cons

Job specifications do not always match what new employees expect, but this is a dynamic business, individuals have to be malleable. However, this could be improved by us to reduce some attrition.

Advice to Management

More interactions between the continents and departs would greatly help the evolution of the product and the efficiency of the organisation as a whole. Break down some of the walls between

Like all companies, good and bad points.

I have been working at Huddle

Pros

There's some very talented people working here that are also just generally good people. They try hard and care about what it is that they're doing. I'd have said that some of the senior execs care, but it can seem like some just care about their own stature in the company. I agree with another reviewer about the reviews coming from San Francisco and those seeming more subjective rather than objective. Like all companies, Huddle has faulty areas but also good areas, one of those being the actual staff at the company like I said above. I think that the company is being forced to act in certain ways at times, and those aren't always the best thing for it or for the staff and I'm on board with that. I might disagree with uncomfortable things but I may also not know the entire picture. The only thing I'd like to see done differently in these situations is a real acknowledgement of things that are working out well and things that aren't working well, and explanations of things learnt to prove that as a company we are all trying our best but also learning from mistakes at the same time. Mistakes should be embraced as learning experiences rather than brushed under the carpet.

Cons

I think that in some cases there's an "us and them" attitude towards the senior execs which in some cases isn't justified, although in others it can be. There's a lot of hiring going on across all roles, which means there's a bedding in and learning process to go through for how the company actually works for those new starters and a learning experience of why some things are done in certain ways at Huddle. Unfortunately, with senior hires this can be a mistake if they wish to progress down a certain path that they've taken elsewhere, but there's no (visible) thought on what that path looks like from a huddle perspective which could cause issues. There's also a massive feeling of difference between the atmosphere in the UK office versus the U.S. office, which should be truly acknowledged addressed some how.

Advice to Management

Be open and realistic about what you want to achieve. Engage with more people throughout the company to understand their pain points AND the things that they're happy with, and work together across departments and divisions to lessen the divide between the technical and commercial teams, as well as doing that between the UK and U.S. office.