Huddle

There are newer employer reviews for Huddle

Go Big or Go Home!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

After working at Huddle for 6 months I feel I have found my home away from home. Just like every growing family, the office has it's ups and downs, but it's core remains rooted in an unparalleled entrepreneurial spirit. If you are willing to GO BIG and work hard, Huddle will help you achieve success.

Cons

All of the delicious snacks in the kitchen area are doing nothing for my figure

Improve communication down the line. More "fireside" chats :-)

37 Other Employee Reviews for Huddle (View Most Recent)

Go big or go home? Just go home, please.

I worked at Huddle

Pros

Nice office that is now empty, so plenty of space to stretch out? Good people throughout the company.

Cons

-Half of sales has quit or been fired since the fall.
    -Product feels like a throwback to 1999 and is far behind all of the competition. Development unable to deliver important go to market updates.
    -Marketing unable to deliver clear message. Messaging has changed frequently and with no positive results.
    -Leadership team is a complete joke. You can find them prancing around the office
    with a false sense of accomplishment which is entertaining to watch, but alarming when you realize they are driving the company they somehow built into the ground.
    - No company culture (due to the misery). Enjoy the compulsory out of office & after hour events where you purchase your own drinks!
    - Pay is below market rate
    - Nepotism is the name of the game. Better be British or in the Inner Circle here or you'll find yourself getting the short end of the stick.

Board would be wise to make some changes and hire some new talent on the senior management team that are hungry and looking to do more than just collect a paycheck.

Huddle Response

Sep 11, 2014Head of Resourcing

Thanks for your feedback. We take all comments seriously and will continue to talk with our employees and bring in new ideas to continuously improve where we can, whilst maintaining all the best ... More

Worst company I have ever worked for

I worked at Huddle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Location is central to the city. Lots of vacation time which you can actually use.

Cons

Huddle is in real trouble. A large percentage of the sales team have been fired, laid off or quit in the last 8 weeks. Shrinking sales numbers, shrinking sales team and a dated/ broken product all spell trouble for the company.The management team does nothing to improve the situation as it is composed of outside hires who are are inexperienced and do not know the first thing about penetrating the USA market, many of whom manage from London.

Executives are simply out of touch with reality or the market that Huddle is part of. Awkward and uninspiring monthly meetings with Execs will act as source of entertainment and horror. Employees have no confidence in the leadership. No real changes are made to correct issues with the software, which has been basically unchanged for the past year. And has caused the sales team to lose the majority of opportunities that comes their way.

Don't take my word though. See for yourself. Advice to applicants: take out the free trial of the software and see if you want to sell, market, or support Huddle. That should help you make an informed decision more than any review.

All of you need a reality check. Come back down to earth and act with some humility rather than undeserving arrogance. Value anyone silly enough to stick with the company during the downtime. As it is now you'll be left with very few employees if things continue on as they have.

Huddle Response

Sep 11, 2014Head of Resourcing

Thanks for your feedback. We have made some significant changes in the last year to the structure of our US team and sometimes change can be disruptive unfortunately. We are building a successful ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Huddle